[OB] Stormlight 4 and 5

Wax

I read the following 

“Someday,” another Skybreaker noted, “you may achieve the Fourth Ideal: the Ideal of Crusade. In this, you choose a personal quest and complete it to the satisfaction of your highspren. Once successful, you become a master like ourselves.”

Cleanse Shinovar, Szeth thought. That would be his quest. “What is the Fifth Ideal?” he asked. “The Ideal of Law,” RKi said. “It is difficult. You must become law, become truth. As I said, it has been centuries since that was achieved.”

This is from Szeth’s trial by other skybreakers. I am assuming that the trip to Shinovar happens in book 5, so there is when Szeth gets his Shardplate by completing his quest....

16 minutes ago, Wax said:

I read the following 

This is from Szeth’s trial by other skybreakers. I am assuming that the trip to Shinovar happens in book 5, so there is when Szeth gets his Shardplate by completing his quest....

Isn't the next book "Stones Unhallowed", or has that changed? 

If not, then looks like he'll get his shardplate in the next book.

16 minutes ago, Kaladin said:

Isn't the next book "Stones Unhallowed", or has that changed? 

If not, then looks like he'll get his shardplate in the next book.

This WoB is Brandon's most recent answer on the subject. 

Vulcronos [PENDING REVIEW]

Is Book Four still planned to be Eshonai's viewpoint?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes.

Vulcronos [PENDING REVIEW]

And, would she have been a Willshaper?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

She would be the same Order as her sister.

An interesting hint from OB about the future is the way both Venli and Rlain mourning that they are the last of the listeners.

I think they will have a reunion in book 4, potentially finding some of the listeners who escaped.

Also, I am less confident on this but I would love of Rlain became a Truthwatcher squire under Renarin (if that is possible with a corrupted spren)

• Chaos locked this topic