Hello Fellow Cosmerologists!

SleepyWordsmith

Hello! I'm excited to finally be a part of the cosmere club. Now I can speculate absurd ways of hacking the magic systems just like I used to, but now it'll be official. 

Medium-sized blurb about me: favorite cosmere setting so far is Mistborn Era 2, Wayne is such an awesome character (maybe even as awesome as Lift). 

Favorite feasible power set (as you might be able to tell from my username): Twinborn Allomantic Slider + Feruchemical Steelrunner

A theory that I've been considering recently is what would an allomantic bendalloy savant be able to do? Take his time bubble with him as he moves? Reduce his bubble to act like a second skin so that no one else could accidentally get inside and reap the benefits? 

19 hours ago, SteelSlider said:

A theory that I've been considering recently is what would an allomantic bendalloy savant be able to do? Take his time bubble with him as he moves? Reduce his bubble to act like a second skin so that no one else could accidentally get inside and reap the benefits? 

Wow! That's a crazy Bendalloy speculation! My thought has always been that a bendalloy savant can flare it even more powerfully, kind of like how a tin savant can see even more. That would be really weird though if it actually affected the bubble!

Edited by Farnsworth

On 12/26/2017 at 10:44 PM, Farnsworth said:

Wow! That's a crazy Bendalloy speculation! My thought has always been that a bendalloy savant can flare it even more powerfully, kind of like how a tin savant can see even more. That would be really weird though if it actually affected the bubble!

Well I mean, savant-hood is caused by an allomancer flaring his metals frequently enough over a long period of time, which causes the power to sort of 'leak' into the user's spiritweb, which gives him a kind of Spiritual/subconscious awareness of the power and let's him use it more effectively and in new ways. 

Spook was able to do alot more than just flare more powerfully; he was able use his constant flared-induced senses in a more finely tuned manner, like using his sense of touch to feel air movements from incoming blades. 

So I'd think that we really don't know any limits to savant-hood effects, like how (I'm pretty sure, based on a WoB) Wax's steel reflection bubble is due to savant-hood.