[OB] Eye color

bdoble97

On Rosher there are the light eyes Nobles and the dark eyes peasants. But what happens if your like me and you have hazel eyes is that considered to be dark or light eyes I ask my wife if she considers Hazel to be light eyes or dark eyes. She said light but I feel like it's a mixture of the two so where would a person with hazel eyes fit in the social structure. Another question I have is I know a person who left eye is half Brown and half blue I've never seen it before and only met them within the past year it is quite interesting and really cool to look at where would they fit in the social structure.  Also with people like Caden who has been a dark-eyed his whole life and once using a shardblade in storm light turns his eyes to  light eyes could there be a long-term effect of his eyes changing creating some type of a Hazel eye color not our traditional Hazel eye colors but maybe a orange and brown mixture or a light green and brown mixture off the top of my head I cannot think of all the different light eye colors I think purple is one of them but now I ramble on. 

Edited by bdoble97

Colour actually has little to do with it. There are darkeyes who have green eyes or blue eyes, it's just that nobody can tell unless the light hits their eyes at the right angle. So colour would matter much less than the lightness of the colour - is it a dark hazel or light hazel? Dark blue or light blue? Etc.

I don't think our eye colors actually fit in anywhere. 

Dark eyes are unnaturally dark. Most are near black, and color can only be seen when the light hits them correctly. I expect that light eyes are also not just unnatural colors, like orange and yellow, but more vibrant then our natural eyes. Even for natural colors.  

I think that our variations, light or dark, would fall in between and thoroughly confuse Rosharans. 

Edited by Ookla, the Incalculable

13 minutes ago, Greywatch said:

Colour actually has little to do with it. There are darkeyes who have green eyes or blue eyes, it's just that nobody can tell unless the light hits their eyes at the right angle. So colour would matter much less than the lightness of the colour - is it a dark hazel or light hazel? Dark blue or light blue? Etc.

12 minutes ago, Ookla, the Incalculable said:

I don't think our eye colors actually fit in anywhere. 

Dark eyes are unnaturally dark. Most are near black, and color can only be seen when the light hits them correctly. I expect that light eyes are also not just unnatural colors, like orange and yellow, but more vibrant then our natural eyes. Even for natural colors.  

I think that our variations, light or dark, would fall in between and thoroughly confuse Rosharans. 

Ok ok I thought i had come up with a cool topic sad face emoji. Hahahah But what about thw half blue half brown eye person that woukd be somthing cool right?????

31 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

But what about thw half blue half brown eye person that woukd be somthing cool right?????

It's called heterochromatic and the former king of Jah Keved has a bastard son (Redin) with dual-eye color.  I hope he reappears, as he was pretty badass.

Edited by Dreamstorm

30 minutes ago, Dreamstorm said:

It's called heterochromatic and the former king of Jah Keved has a bastard son (Redin) with dual-eye color.  I hope he reappears, as he was pretty badass.

Totally forgot about him then he showed up at Shallan's house in one of her flashbacks he had one light eye and one dark eye right what I am referring to is a single eye is half blue and half Brown I have never seen it before my life until I met this person our kids go to school together and she was at a birthday party so I can't really stop and stare but it was extremely cool looking

40 minutes ago, Ookla the maladroit said:

There’s actually a character like this who works with Moash to assasinate Alethkar! It’s very rare and only happens to the child of a lighteyes and a darkeyes

Really I do not remember him man I forget so much and I last reread Words of Radiance was less than a year ago

40 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

Ok cool. What color eyes do hirneater have bc dont that have some parshinde bloond in them 

Normal eyes. The Parshendi blood is both low enough percentage that they're mostly human, and far enough back that they stabilized as arguably their own race. Same with Herdazians. 

6 minutes ago, Ookla, the Incalculable said:

Normal eyes. The Parshendi blood is both low enough percentage that they're mostly human, and far enough back that they stabilized as arguably their own race. Same with Herdazians. 

So the only thing that the horneaters  have is the red hair and an extra jaw part let them eat the shells correct. With the Herdazians have the stone fingernails right

1 minute ago, bdoble97 said:

So the only thing that the horneaters  have is the red hair and an extra jaw part let them eat the shells correct. With the Herdazians have the stone fingernails right

And both have an increased likelihood to see spren like Rock can. 

Argent

On Roshar, certain people seem to be able to always see spren (Rock comes to mind). Are there people who can never see them? Similarly, can people from other worlds see them?

Brandon Sanderson

Those with Listener blood are more likely to be able to interact with spren who aren't currently trying to manifest.

If they appear on the physical realm, then they're visible to all who can see.

6 minutes ago, Ookla, the Incalculable said:

And both have an increased likelihood to see spren like Rock can. 

Yed yes jow could i forget that. The scean when Rock see the larg group of spren watching Bridge 4 train with stormlight and see that larg one  and then talkes to Syl. 

I write down "blue" next to eye color on forms that ask for that, but there's some hazel around the pupil. Hopefully my crappy attempt to demonstrate with my front facing camera is good enough to illustrate but not good enough for you to spoof biometric locks.

I think, given how bright and freaky the lighteyes' colors are, that I'd probably either get lumped in as a darkeyes or treated as some kind of disturbing third thing, a person so abandoned by the Almighty that I didn't get my eye color set. I can imagine people being superstitious about that.

IMG_20171211_075923.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Busker said:

I write down "blue" next to eye color on forms that ask for that, but there's some hazel around the pupil. Hopefully my crappy attempt to demonstrate with my front facing camera is good enough to illustrate but not good enough for you to spoof biometric locks.

I think, given how bright and freaky the lighteyes' colors are, that I'd probably either get lumped in as a darkeyes or treated as some kind of disturbing third thing, a person so abandoned by the Almighty that I didn't get my eye color set. I can imagine people being superstitious about that.

IMG_20171211_075923.jpg

That's great I didn't know what that was at first. The person I know that has one eye that's blue and brown the left sides blue the right sides Brown and it's a jagged line down the center of their eye that separates the two colors. 

1 hour ago, bdoble97 said:

That's great I didn't know what that was at first. The person I know that has one eye that's blue and brown the left sides blue the right sides Brown and it's a jagged line down the center of their eye that separates the two colors. 

This is kind of how my eyes are, though mine is more like a rust stain than a jagged line.

Both colors in mine are light enough to be considered Lighteyed by the Rosharans. I do wonder what they'd think though, especially if it was even more pronounced.

They might think I'm spiritually tainted or something :P

1211171011-1.jpg

Edited by Ookla the Cow

• Chaos locked this topic