Hiya!

Luminesce

Hello all! I am finally getting around to writing one of these, though I have been a long time sporadic lurker. I tend to read much more than I write, regardless of the social medium, likely out of fear of being judged or persecuted. Silly thing, but there it is - that is my experience with online forums and the like. However you guys seem like such a friendly bunch, so I am putting myself out there. ;)

I am a huge Sanderson fan. Probably not as much as many of you, but I do consider him my favorite author. I was first introduced to him when I heard he was finishing the Wheel of Time series and immediately went out and bought the Mistborn series to have an idea of how this new author would measure up. Surprisingly, I found myself enjoying Sanderson even more than Jordan. Then I caught wind of the Cosmere and he had me at Adonalsium.

I had the pleasure of meeting Brandon once during a The Way of Kings book signing in Orlando, FL. I froze and asked him probably the most mundane question he gets - "What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?" I don't even fully remember his response, something along the lines of "just keep writing, even if it sucks. Practice is how you improve." Wow, such an unspectacular impression I made. I still kick myself. At least my (at the time) 11 year old thought to ask something a bit more original - "How do you pronounce She Who Cannot Be Named's name?" (Alcatraz reference). Sanderson replied with some gibletish that I doubt even he could reproduce. It was awesome.

Now I am rambling. So there is a little bit about me and my Sanderfandom. Flame away, or... you know, say hi back.

• Chaos locked this topic