[OB] Has Dalinar's Highstorm Meeting happened?

Entyti

So, we know that Dalinar is planning on using his bond with the Stormfather to meet with the rulers of the nations. This would, by his plans, be at the next Highstorm.

This plan was presumably made prior to Shallan's confrontation with Re-Shephir.

Kaladin arrived at Urithiru on the tail-end of a Highstorm. His arrival was hours after Shallan's confrontation.

So... did Dalinar meet with the rulers at this last Highstorm? Considering this was the end of part 1, is it possible that one of the interludes will be the Highstorm meeting, perhaps from the PoV of one of the rulers?

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Has Dalinar's Highstorm Meeting happened?

I think it would have to happen once the storm wall hit thaylenah not when it made it to urithiru. 

Dalinar can recieve the visions at any time because of his bond to the stormfather, the queen probably needs to be in close proximity to the storm to recieve it the way dalinar used to. 

From looking at maps it seems that kaladin would have been picked up by the storm before it hits thaylenah, and landing at urithiru after it had passed the country completely. (Depending on how "deep" the storm actually is) 

All that to say that kaladin was probably zipping around in the storm while dalinar had his meeting with the queen. Should be interesting to see her reaction next week! 

I was under the impression that Dalinar can now have the visions any time he wants, regardless of whether or not there's a highstorm. The end of Part One seems to be the same day; it's the same day of Shallan's encounter with Re-Shephir. So If Dalinar's chapter last week was the same day, that would be "tonight" in-world. I think it has not happened yet, and we will see it at the beginning of Part Two if Dalinar retains his point of view.

8 minutes ago, Rider of Storms said:

I was under the impression that Dalinar can now have the visions any time he wants, regardless of whether or not there's a highstorm. The end of Part One seems to be the same day; it's the same day of Shallan's encounter with Re-Shephir. So If Dalinar's chapter last week was the same day, that would be "tonight" in-world. I think it has not happened yet, and we will see it at the beginning of Part Two if Dalinar retains his point of view.

I believe that Dalinar can have visions whenever and wherever he wants. Other people, though, need to be in a highstorm in order to receive a vision. Ch 28:

During a storm, I can approach anyone I choose, the Stormfather said. But you do not have to be in a storm, so you can join a vision in which I have placed someone else, even if you are distant.

• Chaos locked this topic