Death rattles and Everstorm

NegativeG

Just continuing my reread of Way of Kings, getting prepared for Oathbringer and I have came across an interesting death rattle. 

'They named it the Final Desolation, but they lied. Our gods lied. Oh, how they lied. The Everstorm comes. I hear its whispers, see its stormwall, know its heart.' p.g. 438 WoK Part two.

Now this is interesting considering that in chapter 18 of Edgedancer we find out that the Everstorm does not, in fact, have a stormwall. 

"The storm hadn't fully arrived yet, but from the distant lightning, it seemed that this new storm didn't have a stormwall. Its onset wouldn't be a sudden majestic event, but instead a creeping advance." Chapter 18 of Edgedancer.

As far as I have read the death rattles are visions of the future granted by one of the Unmade. While some may be inaccurate due to the multiple possible futures, but I would imagine that the Everstorm would be a consistent phenomenon. 

So why then does a vision show the Everstorm with a stormwall but the actual one appears to not have one? Any ideas on this inconsistency? 

Edited by NegativeG

I'd be curious to see the Everstorm hit Shinovar. It might have a stormwall when it hits there, then lose it as it travels across the mountains. Sort of a reverse highstorm. The Shinovar mountains might actually make the Everstorms a lot less dangerous than highstorms for most of Roshar.

On 10/28/2017 at 2:05 PM, NegativeG said:

Just continuing my reread of Way of Kings, getting prepared for Oathbringer and I have came across an interesting death rattle. 

Now this is interesting considering that in chapter 18 of Edgedancer we find out that the Everstorm does not, in fact, have a stormwall. 

As far as I have read the death rattles are visions of the future granted by one of the Unmade. While some may be inaccurate due to the multiple possible futures, but I would imagine that the Everstorm would be a consistent phenomenon. 

So why then does a vision show the Everstorm with a stormwall but the actual one appears to not have one? Any ideas on this inconsistency? 

The death rattles are often metaphorical. It could be argued that the Everstorm has a metaphorical stormwall. Its arrival was quite shocking and traumatic.

• Chaos locked this topic