Seventeenth and Autonomy?

Penumbra

Question

Are the Seventeenth Shard and Autonomy somehow related or speculated to be related somehow? I suppose I'm getting that vibe from them both "meddling" in other worlds, as well as being on the chase after Hoid/having some kind of beef with Hoid and his quest. It's a very loose idea so far and I wonder if there has been any evidence/theories around it, because I can't seem to find any upon searching.

2 answers to this question

If there is a connection, I have to believe it would be a manipulation on the part of Bavadin. At least if they follow the same thought process as Frost states in the letter to Hoid, the Seventeenth Shard wants to remain unconnected to all of the Shards, and are seeking to stop others from interfering. 

Obviously we don't know enough to say anything for sure, but I believe that they are either completely unconnected, or if there is one, the Organization isn't aware of it. 

Thank you for the response! I like the idea that the Seventeenth Shard might be manipulated by Autonomy, but they also seem like they might know a bit too much about the Cosmere and it's workings to be tricked like that ... I guess I'll settle for "no connection" until I can find some sort of evidence that they share anything more than beef with Hoid :ph34r: