Future Foreshadowing in Epigraph

ArmbarBanker

In my WoK reread I noticed this epigraph in the chapter Justice (69)  We know that the epigraphs are tellings of the (future/past/both?) and this one in particular stood out to me. I have a feeling that the speaker is Dalinar and he is protecting one of his sons (could be either one) against Kaladin. The context of the fight between them could be when we have the "champions of good and evil" fight but there is not enough context for it. I think Kaladin will eventually with have to fight one of Dalinar's sons and Dalinar cannot stand by and let that happen. The reference to Dalinar is the speaker reaching up his hand and the storm responding.

justice.PNG

It is generally accepted that this refers to Kaladin standing against Moash during the most recent assassination attempt. I personally am not quite happy with how Moash fits "the one who saved my life" but the rest works nicely.

29 minutes ago, Argent said:

It is generally accepted that this refers to Kaladin standing against Moash during the most recent assassination attempt. I personally am not quite happy with how Moash fits "the one who saved my life" but the rest works nicely.

What's your issue with Moash having saved Kaladin's life? 

It's clear that, at the very least, he most likely did so in WoK - Chapter 53 when he pulled Kaladin away from the advancing army. Had he not done so, it's unlikely that Kaladin would have avoided being trampled. Certainly, Kaladin thinks that Moash saved his life and that death rattle appears to have been written from his perspective. And every other part of that epigraph fits perfectly with the events of that assassination attempt, lending further support to that interpretation.

1 minute ago, BlackYeti said:

What's your issue with Moash having saved Kaladin's life? 

It's clear that, at the very least, he most likely did so in WoK - Chapter 53 when he pulled Kaladin away from the advancing army. Had he not done so, it's unlikely that Kaladin would have avoided being trampled. Certainly, Kaladin thinks that Moash saved his life and that death rattle appears to have been written from his perspective. And every other part of that epigraph fits perfectly with the events of that assassination attempt, lending further support to that interpretation.

I would've preferred if the whole life-saving thing was a little more pronounced, something more interesting. 

• Chaos locked this topic