[OB] Just wondering

Passion

Just wondering does anyone think we will see hereldic action this back( or atall what if brandon makes it so the kr need to carry on the fight mostly alone?). What about the unmade when do we get to them(never mind odium himself seeing him is way beyond even my ambitions) ? I gotta say if we don't get to see unmade until the very end of oathbringer and also barely any hereldic action I will literally die waiting 2/3 years for the next book(though when I'm honest in know that'll happen regardless) someone please offer me hope these scenes I desperately crave are coming soon??

We know the Heralds are up to things, but I don't think anyone can say for sure as to whether most of them will be a help anytime soon. Brandon did say in the blurb on Edgedancer:

Spoiler

that Edgedancer was needed to show some context for character development in Nale.

so we can safely assume that Nale will be featured in this book. Ishar is also up to something.

Also, I believe Shalash is going to be one of the back five mains, though that doesn't sate you for this book I'm afraid. ;)

5 hours ago, Passion said:

What makes you think that about Shalash?

Brandon's explicitly stated it. 

The front five characters, each with a book centered around them, are Kaladin, Shallan, Dalinar, Szeth, and Eshonai. 

The back five are Renarin, Jasnah, Lift, Taln, and Ash

2 hours ago, Calderis said:

Brandon's explicitly stated it. 

The front five characters, each with a book centered around them, are Kaladin, Shallan, Dalinar, Szeth, and Eshonai. 

The back five are Renarin, Jasnah, Lift, Taln, and Ash

Didn't he also say that it's not set in stone? I mean, I remember him saying at one point that Navani was going to have a book.

11 minutes ago, Salkara said:

Didn't he also say that it's not set in stone? I mean, I remember him saying at one point that Navani was going to have a book.

It's not set, and it has changed over time. The One I listed is the most recent one that, to my knowledge has been holding steady since a few months after words of Radiance. 

Of note though, is that Taln and Ash have been part of every list. So I'm pretty certain that we'll be getting those two Herald perspectives regardless of what changes. 

Edited by Calderis

Off the top of my head, I know he swapped Dalinar and...uh...wasn't it supposed to be Szeth for this one?  Anyway, I know Dalinar wasn't originally the book 3 center.

I do love that he's giving us two Heralds - one who survived the previous Desolation and the one who did not - I've wanted Taln's viewpoint since the opening of WoK.  Shame those are probably like 20 years away from reality though.

Just now, BlackYeti said:

We've already had Taln's viewpoint: he had an Interlude in Words of Radiance. :)

:P

You are right of course.  I meant something more than substantive.  His one point of view in that interlude isn't enough to cast much light on anything at all.  Does he know he was betrayed?  Probably (I can't see Odium withholding that bit of torture intensification), but we don't know.  What does he recall of the times before?  How the hell did he endure for so long - even if the theory I read elsewhere is true (I'd cite if I remembered who first proposed), that Odium slowed down in the torture of him to extend the time for humans to forget him and fall into war and stupidity, 4500 years is a stupidly long time to endure.

He's kinda been set up as the most badass of the main badasses, at least where humans are concerned. at some point in time there has to be a meeting between him and Jezrien, Nale, Ishar and the rest, right?  I can only imagine how that is going to go down...

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Just wondering
  • Chaos locked this topic