Dawnsingers, Voidbringers.....

TySun

I'm not really caught up with all the theories so i have no idea if anything i will mention now has been proposed before or if Sanderson has confirmed or denied any of it.

Anyway, if i understand things correctly, the Parshendi are native to Roshar, predating the humans arrival or the arrival of any shards (honor, cultivation, odium).  I believe i've read somewhere, though i'm not sure where, that spren and the even the unique ecosystem on Roshar existed before the shattering of Adonalsium.  Correct me if i'm wrong.

So, getting to my point, we know the parshendi are the Voidbringers, but it is Odium's spren that make it so.  Before Odium came, presumably they were just the Listeners.  However, during my recent reread of The Way of Kings, i have wondered if perhaps its possible that the humans had a different name for them.  Who else thinks that just maybe the Voidbringers and the Dawnsingers are both the same --- that they are both the Parshendi

Kabsal: "That isn't the kind of thing the Dawnsingers did. They were healers, kindly spren sent by the Almighty to care for humans once we were forced out of the Tranquiline Halls." [3]

Most probably that statement is very altered and not true, however I've realized that many things the people on Roshar have as common knowledge turn out to be true, so who knows?

I am a strong supporter of this theory! (See the following post for the majority of my unfortunately scant evidence.)

With regards to Kabsal's description: he says they are the theological opposite of Voidbringers: if Voidbringers are evil and hateful Spren, Dawnsingers are good and kindly Spren. However, we know that Voidbringers are Listener forms derived from such evil and hateful Spren. Thus, by Kabsal's foundation for his description, Dawnsingers should be the theological opposite of whatever Voidbringers are, i.e. Listener forms derived from good and kindly Spren!

Despite not amounting to much, all evidence I've seen seems to point to this theory being true.

5 minutes ago, Krandacth said:

I am a strong supporter of this theory! (See the following post for the majority of my unfortunately scant evidence.)

With regards to Kabsal's description: he says they are the theological opposite of Voidbringers: if Voidbringers are evil and hateful Spren, Dawnsingers are good and kindly Spren. However, we know that Voidbringers are Listener forms derived from such evil and hateful Spren. Thus, by Kabsal's foundation for his description, Dawnsingers should be the theological opposite of whatever Voidbringers are, i.e. Listener forms derived from good and kindly Spren!

Despite not amounting to much, all evidence I've seen seems to point to this theory being true.

So the Dawnsingers would basically be the Listener version of Knights Radiant. If that were the case I would expect that humans can also bind Odium's spren.

So it might go like this:

Listener + Honor/Cultivation spren = Dawnsinger

Human + Honor/Cultivation spren = Surgebinder

Listener + Odium spren = Voindbringer

Human + Odium spren = Voidbinder

And the normal forms of the Listeners are what they are when they bind their own spren native to Roshar untouched by any Shard.

2 hours ago, Ansalem said:

So the Dawnsingers would basically be the Listener version of Knights Radiant. If that were the case I would expect that humans can also bind Odium's spren.

And the normal forms of the Listeners are what they are when they bind their own spren native to Roshar untouched by any Shard.

That is exactly my current theory on the bonding... algebra?.. on Roshar, yes :-) 

2 hours ago, Ansalem said:

I fully agree with this formula. 

I don't think that those forms are the Dawnsingers. 

31 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I fully agree with this formula. 

I don't think that those forms are the Dawnsingers. 

Yeah, I'm not sure I do either. I do think the Listeners can gain forms of power through Honor/Cultivation spren that is different from Radiants but probably not what the Dawnsingers are. Though I'm not sure what they would be called. But if that is what the Dawnsingers turn out to be, we won't be surprised. :)

• Chaos locked this topic