[OB] Chapter 3 Reading "Momentum " - uploaded a version to YT

bridge4

hoping to open the eyes of some ASOIAF fans to the gem that is Stormlight Archive =)

https://youtu.be/sQjJRVboedY

if you can't understand me, i don't blame ya. i find talking hard. i prefer reading or audiobooking to leaving the house or talking lol

*btw, i miss pronounced Sadeus until the last couple times. it urks me, but im too tired to re-record. my bad!

Hey dude! I'm not totally sure it's legal to read the entire chapter out. You might want to check with Peter. I'm not sure myself so I thought I'd let you know. 

Also, clearly you should screenshot the one true wiki, The Coppermind, not the Stormlight Wikia. ;) 

I'm glad it's getting a lot of views so far!

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Hey dude! I'm not totally sure it's legal to read the entire chapter out. You might want to check with Peter. I'm not sure myself so I thought I'd let you know. 

Also, clearly you should screenshot the one true wiki, The Coppermind, not the Stormlight Wikia. ;) 

I'm glad it's getting a lot of views so far!

I doubt the publishers would care. I'm a fan and it's free promotion. If tor reached out I'd be shocked, and it would leave a sour taste on my favorite series so I hope not to get any backlash

I could see them or audibook companies issue with someone narrating the full series, but this was a one off. And I'll probably only get a thousand views or so. If they want me to mail them a dollar, I'll do it :-P

Just now, bridge4 said:

I doubt the publishers would care. I'm a fan and it's free promotion. If tor reached out I'd be shocked, and it would leave a sour taste on my favorite series so I hope not to get any backlash

I could see them or audibook companies issue with someone narrating the full series, but this was a one off. And I'll probably only get a thousand views or so. If they want me to mail them a dollar, I'll do it :-P

Oh, I agree, but I can also see it from a publisher POV. It's like on the line of fair use. Like, I imagine that's not super different from posting audio of Brandon reading it. :) 

But yes, I recommend the Coppermind instead ;) I think it's cool your YouTube channel is Bridge Four and does so much GoT stuff, I like it.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Oh, I agree, but I can also see it from a publisher POV. It's like on the line of fair use. Like, I imagine that's not super different from posting audio of Brandon reading it. :) 

But yes, I recommend the Coppermind instead ;) I think it's cool your YouTube channel is Bridge Four and does so much GoT stuff, I like it.

I'm so new here. I should have! I'm not a member on that other wiki. I just searched his name and screencapped one of the first pages I saw as a background. Very different than most my videos

Assuming tor doesn't reach out mad, I plan on doing theory and history and lore videos eventually. So i would screen cap ideas from the wizards here. This forum seems awesome.

But first I have to wrap my arms around the story. Right now, I'm just a fan boy. But I feel clueless lol

The topics I've read so far on this site make me feel really dumb. I'm doing a 2nd reread right now tho. So hopefully I have a better understanding before oathbringer comes out :)

Just now, bridge4 said:

I'm so new here. I should have! I'm not a member on that other wiki. I just searched his name and screencapped one of the first pages I saw as a background. Very different than most my videos

Assuming tor doesn't reach out mad, I plan on doing theory and history and lore videos eventually. So i would screen cap ideas from the wizards here. This forum seems awesome.

But first I have to wrap my arms around the story. Right now, I'm just a fan boy. But I feel clueless lol

The topics I've read so far on this site make me feel really dumb. I'm doing a 2nd reread right now tho. So hopefully I have a better understanding before oathbringer comes out :)

Yeah, I am sad at our SEO on the Coppermind. It gets higher ranks on cosmere stuff rather than core characters. It's sad.

And great! If you ever need to do research and stuff, or need to ask questions, just post a topic here! We'll also have various podcasts analyzing Oathbringer, and other featured articles, which should help I hope :) 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Yeah, I am sad at our SEO on the Coppermind. It gets higher ranks on cosmere stuff rather than core characters. It's sad.

And great! If you ever need to do research and stuff, or need to ask questions, just post a topic here! We'll also have various podcasts analyzing Oathbringer, and other featured articles, which should help I hope :) 

I actualy saw your podcast a little bit ago, and I plan on listening. But it'd been a long day, and I haven't read any wok chapters yet. So its time for audiobook and bed.

And u might laugh. As I debated clicking t earlier and decided to wait until tomorrow, I got intimidated, bc the stuff u say is probably way over my head lol.

I didnt follow the first. Are u able to say it in layman's terms, please? (Sorry. I'm a dummy lol)

"Yeah, I am sad at our SEO on the Coppermind. It gets higher ranks on cosmere stuff rather than core characters. It's sad."

I'll catch up with ya manana. Bed time for bonzos :)

Oh man! You're in for a treat! The cosmere is Brandon's connected universe, and Stormlight Archive is just one of the worlds in it! 

His other adult series, Mistborn, and other novels like Elantris and Warbreaker, are also a part of it! The magics are connected too.

The Coppermind is our wiki for all of these works together, and you'll see they are all related ;) 

What I mean by our wiki having better search results on cosmere terms, is that we tend to get the crowd who wants to know more about the connected universe, and we don't quite get as ranked highly by Google for character articles like Dalinar and Kaladin.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Chapter 3 Reading "Momentum " - uploaded a version to YT
  • Chaos locked this topic