Random SA questions

WhiteLeeopard

I'm going over my reread of the first 2 books, and having some random questions. Wanted to make a thread to gather information specifically for SA, maybe to clarify a statement or question (not huge theories), or to nudge in the right direction if existing theories of it exist.

My question that finally prompted me for this was from TWoK:

“He must pick it up, the fallen title! The tower, the crown, and the spear!”

—Dated Vevahach, 1173, 8 seconds pre-death. Subject: a prostitute. Back ground unknown.

Are there any theories or threads on this?

42 minutes ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

I'm going over my reread of the first 2 books, and having some random questions. Wanted to make a thread to gather information specifically for SA, maybe to clarify a statement or question (not huge theories), or to nudge in the right direction if existing theories of it exist.

My question that finally prompted me for this was from TWoK:

“He must pick it up, the fallen title! The tower, the crown, and the spear!”

—Dated Vevahach, 1173, 8 seconds pre-death. Subject: a prostitute. Back ground unknown.

Are there any theories or threads on this?

If I remember correctly, those 3 make up the glyphs for the various House Kholinar branches.

Page 11 half way down, Harakes post here

On 2/9/2017 at 6:15 PM, Harakeke said:

Kholin is actually one of the more well-behaved glyphs, and we have examples of several different depictions. Picking out the component elements isn't so bad as it is with the other Highprinces, whose glyphs are more ostentatious. I particularly appreciate the Tower version of kokh, which practically scream Ks at you! There does seem to be somewhat of a standard way of organizing the component graphemes in glyphs, moving outward and down from the starting point in the upper center.
kohk linl.jpg

It's possible to create another glyph, based on Kholin, with a different overall shape and different screw-you lines, and when you showed it to people, they'd say "What does this mean?" because they recognize the overall shape they've become accustomed to, not the component pieces. But, if there were two rival Kholin families (let's say Dalinar and Gavilar had split the Kholin princedom in two, North Kholin and South Kholin), the old glyph might stay with Gavilar, and the new one would be Dalinar's. Both are Kholin glyphs, but the ownership and association of each is different.

Yep! In fact Dalinar's glyphpair for "Kholin" is the Tower and Crown shown above, while Elhokar's is a Tower and Sword.  We haven't seen what Elhokar's looks like, but I imagine you'd be able to tell the resemblance at a glance.

Edited by FiveLate
Links

Did anything ever come of this highprince and the foreign dignitary, or is it a thread to be later explored? Or yet another secret society? Considering it talks of the Tukari it may just be setup for the future.

“I would say an excuse is something you claim, but do not believe, Nak-ali.” Hatham was using the high form of Au-nak’s name. “While a justification is something you actually believe.” Why such respect? The Natan must have something that Hatham wanted.

The feast in TWoK where Sadeas says Dalinar is innocent of the attempt on Elhokar. 

Edited by WhiteLeeopard

• Chaos locked this topic