Battle Sizes (spoilers all)

ICanDream

What are the battle sizes in the Stormlight Archive? I'd appreciate if someone had numbers on these battles:

Battle of Vedenar

Battle where the everstorm is summoned

Battle of the tower

If there are any other Stormlight battles you have numbers on, you're welcome to share those as well.

Well, I know Dalinar had about eight thousand at the Tower, which dropped to two thousand in the conflict.

Someone said on the "epic fantasy army scales" thread that the Everstorm battle had thirty thousand Alethi forces vs. ten thousand Parshendi (plus ten more thousand who were singing)

As best I can remember:

Battle of Vedenar

No idea, I would need to check to be sure but I dont think any numbers are mentioned to base the estimate off.

Everstorm Battle

30,000+ Alethi. About 7000 for Dalinar, Roion and Sebarial (maybe a little more for the last 2) and approx 10,000 for Aladar.

30,000+ Parshendi. Based on the details given, I would say about 10,000 that were involved in the fighting and about 20,000 singers. This fits with there being about 37,000 Parshendi left in Narak with everyone transforming except some dissenters.

Battle of the Tower

15,000 Alethi. 8,000 of Dalinars men amd 7,000 of Sadeas'. An extra 1000 for Sadeas if you wamt to include bridgemen.

15,000+ Parshendi. Sadeas says they always bring at least 10,000 to the tower plus a 2nd army arrives, significant enough to take up the space where Sadeas had been.

If anyone has any more details I missed or just different opinions on my guesswork let me know.

So there is no info on the size of the battle of Vedenar? Hmmm. Personally I think it might be the biggest battle with about 50,000 over all. This isn't too ridiculous as it had seven factions and basically destroyed Jah Keved and decided who was the king. It also left Vedenar little more than ash.

Tell me if you agree or not

23 hours ago, ICanDream said:

So there is no info on the size of the battle of Vedenar? Hmmm. Personally I think it might be the biggest battle with about 50,000 over all. This isn't too ridiculous as it had seven factions and basically destroyed Jah Keved and decided who was the king. It also left Vedenar little more than ash.

Tell me if you agree or not

Actually I would put the numbers even higher.  Those were the Alethi equivalent to HighPrinces. The shattered plains are a long way from Alethi, and each of the HighPrinces there had to leave significant amounts of troops home to protect their borders.  

If you are going to war to kill everyone and become king, you do not leave anyone home.  You either win, or die and your borders no longer matter bc whoever wins is going to ensure that there are no dissenters.  They will either kill all dissenters, or take hostages Theon Greyjoy style.

Using this logic, if each sarcasm has up to 10k troops, I would think each of these armies would be 25k to 30k, giving you a war of around 200,000 troops.  Not one single battle, but multiple repeated battles over a short period.

• Chaos locked this topic