Most epic deaths in fantasy fiction?

Zmaray

• 2 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, NightFrost said:

This character from the Dragonlance saga

Hide contents

Tasslehoff Burrfoot fighting Choas

Spoiler

Yeah but it's tough to get more truly epic than that one was.  Stabbing a giant god in the toe with a little dagger called Rabbitslayer.

Harry Potter

Spoiler

Dumbledore.  He knew he was dying, and he went out on his own terms, saving the soul of a student who, though unpleasant and unlikable, was not as dark as he liked to pretend.

Dragonlance

Spoiler

Like I said in my other post, it's hard to get more epic than stabbing a giant god in the toe with a little dagger called Rabbitslayer.  So without a doubt, Tasslehoff Burrfoot.

Mistborn

Spoiler

Gotta give it up to Keliser of course.  Facing down the Lord Ruler and in the end result, creating a religion around himself.  Brilliant.

So not really anything new from me.  Others already said those but...those are definitely my picks.

Edited by Wolven

• 2 months later...

Gotta add some new ones since I've now seen Infinity War:

Spoiler

Basically all the deaths, but I think that Loki and Gamora win for me. Loki was trying to be a hero, and save his brother (plus, he probably isn't going to come back), and while I don't like Gamora, the grief of Thanos and Quill over her death make it very sad, and definitely epic.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a ‘death’ so much as just a delaying defeat, but the repeated defeats of Lord Foul in Stephen R. Donaldson’s ‘The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant: The Unbeliever’ series definitely qualifies. As does the true death of Turiya Herem in the final book in the series.