Greetings

CaptReynolds

Hey folks!

I'm Liam, but will answer to almost anything... 

I've only read the Mistborn series (AoL included) and Steelheart so far. I've just started Elantris and am pretty excited for it. I'm also an RPG addict and just found the Mistborn Adventure Game, so if anyone has suggestions about campaigns and such I'm super interested.

That's about it. I'll likely be semi active here depending on the reception and my schedules. :)

You've seen our RPG, right? Inquisition? It's more of a sister site, but it looks like fun.

And I second the 'read Way of Kings' thing. Book 2 come out March 4th! Or the 6th if you live in the UK. I mean, you don't have to read it, but that would be a great way to start participating in discussions.

Welcome to the 17th Shard!

Did someone say Mistborn Adventure Game!

...Ahem. I am a somewhat dedicated player of it :) I'm part of another website called steel ministry that is primarily about playing it. We have a few campaigns running currently though I don't think we currently have any open spots. I recently started up an arena on there for small-scale battles and what not and anyone is welcome to join in there. Though I will be starting a new campaign in the near future that I will probably be looking for a couple more players for (I already have a few). You're welcome to join the site there too anyway :)

A link: http://steelministry.com/index.php

Anyway, welcome to the 17th shard! :)

I too recommend you read "the way of kings" when you get a chance. It's a very good book and you won't have to wait long for the next one in the series.

Awesome! I haven't yet picked up MAG (that's the abbreviation I've been seeing and I assumed it's for the RPG), so am not very familiar with it yet. I'll go check out the Steel Ministry and see how it goes. And the Way of Kings? I'm ashamed that I haven't heard of it yet. I'll have to go pick it up today :P What universe is it in? Does it have Allomancy or is it another realm? (like Steelheart?)

And awesomeness summoned, you have permission.

The Way of Kings is the first book in the Stormlight Archive, the second of which will be coming out on March 4th. It's set on Roshar, which is a separate world from any of Brandon's other works to date. It is a Cosmere novel, which means it is in the same universe as Elantris and Mistborn, as well as Warbreaker, which is available for free on his website. Be forewarned: the Way of Kings is also about 1000 pages long. It's really good, though, and I recommend it.

• Chaos locked this topic