OH SWEET HARMONY THE SHADE!

Kalleth

Dragonsteel

This story (the story of the shattering of Adonalsium, as told by Hoid) is next-to-last in my sequence of cosmere novels (though it’s first chronologically). So don’t expect it until Stormlight 10 is done.

Status: A long way off. Though it might still beat that one book by that other author.

-From this year's State of the Sanderson.

What the storms? Did the ALMIGHTY B-Sand just send a little sizzle-sazzle? A frizzle frazzle of a dizzle dazzle of a SICK BURN!? RUST AND RUIN THIS MAN CANNOT BE CONTAINED! 

I'm taking bets here folks. Which contemporary fantasy authour is San-GAWD-DAYUM-derson riffing here?

My money's on the less obvious Patrothfuss, if only because Georgie Boy is almost TOO memey to be referencing here.

P.S. Before you point it out, I understand the the implied vagaries of Brandon's phrasing are meant to be ironic and not specific to any authour, just having a bit o' fun. XD

Edited by Kalleth

They troll each other all the time. Most recent one was this

"...Also, recently, someone showed up with one for me that Rothfuss had signed first. They'd made the mistake of mentioning they were bringing it to me next, so Pat signed it in ENORMOUS letters, then left one little corner with an arrow labeled, "Sanderson Signs Here.""

Source

edit- and just today he posted this on reddit :Dscumbag-george-r-r-martin-meme.jpg.f17083e2bfcf505ffabe06ff1bee78b7.jpg

Edited by Extesian

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:13 AM, Draginon said:

@Extesian XD I would enjoy being friends with those two trolls!

How many Starks are left at this point? I know Arya, Bran and Jon but who is still alive there?

Define "this point?"  I think Sansa and Rickon are the only ones unaccounted for by your list. 

1 hour ago, Landis963 said:

Define "this point?"  I think Sansa and Rickon are the only ones unaccounted for by your list. 

I mean by the end of Dance of Dragons since that's the latest book and I'm not counting Seasons 6 & 7 since they could be very different from Winds of Winter

Just now, Draginon said:

I mean by the end of Dance of Dragons since that's the latest book and I'm not counting Seasons 6 & 7 since they could be very different from Winds of Winter

I see.  If I remember correctly, by the end of A Dance With Dragons:

Spoiler
  • Sansa's in the Vale under Littlefinger's pervy tutelage
  • Rickon is incommunicado, up in that marshy area of the North
  • Arya's in Braavos, under No One's creepy tutelage
  • Bran's beyond the Wall, under Bloodraven's trippy tutelage
  • Jon's been assassinated by a mutiny of the Night's Watch. 

4 minutes ago, Landis963 said:

I see.  If I remember correctly, by the end of A Dance With Dragons:

Hide contents
  • Sansa's in the Vale under Littlefinger's pervy tutelage
  • Rickon is incommunicado, up in that marshy area of the North
  • Arya's in Braavos, under No One's creepy tutelage
  • Bran's beyond the Wall, under Bloodraven's trippy tutelage
  • Jon's been assassinated by a mutiny of the Night's Watch. 

He's going to need a different family to use as a threat at this rate. Also Jon can be put as maybe since isn't it supposed to be ambiguous at this point if he's dead or not?

2 minutes ago, Draginon said:

He's going to need a different family to use as a threat at this rate. Also Jon can be put as maybe since isn't it supposed to be ambiguous at this point if he's dead or not?

Jon's death is not ambiguous.  (He was stabbed Caesar style, that's not something you walk away from) What's ambiguous is Melisandre's ability and willingness to rez him. 

4 minutes ago, Landis963 said:

Jon's death is not ambiguous.  (He was stabbed Caesar style, that's not something you walk away from) What's ambiguous is Melisandre's ability and willingness to rez him. 

I figured he'd mimic what the warg did with the hawk, and live on in ghost 

On 8/14/2017 at 7:39 PM, Extesian said:

edit- and just today he posted this on reddit :D

Someone recently pointed me to the video of GRRM interrupting Paul and Storm playing their little ditty Write like the Wind. Staged as it was, I have to imagine that going through his head at that time was 'You can kiss Arya goodbye now. And Jamie? Were you starting to like him? Doomed. And who else should I kill just to show em who's boss?'

Funniest thing about that song though, it's been over five years since that song was written and nothing has changed, except that the HBO show finally did overrun the books it's based on. To make this sorta-related to Brandon and inspired by the lines in the song about other authors writing paces, in the period since A Dance with Dragons came out Brandon wrote the final Wheel of Time book, three Mistborn books, the entire Reckoners series, Rithmatist, The Dark Talent, two Stormlight Archive books that are every bit as doorstopper-worthy as GRRM's output and a whole lot of novellas. Really makes you appreciate Brandon's method of switching projects to keep himself energized when you realize just how much he writes. xD

• Chaos locked this topic