Cognitive Realm Destruction

1 hour ago, FiveLate said:

Yes...but...breaking the bead should break the over write to smoke. Yes?  So since it has thought of itself as stone for so long, shouldn't it come back as stone?

The Cognitive aspect of an inanimate object is created through the perception and connection of other entities and objects. 

After a soulcasting is completed, those connections and perceptions would change in accordance with the new state, and if the bead were destroyed, the new connections should reconstruct the bead in the state it's been changed to. 

3 minutes ago, Calderis said:

The Cognitive aspect of an inanimate object is created through the perception and connection of other entities and objects. 

After a soulcasting is completed, those connections and perceptions would change in accordance with the new state, and if the bead were destroyed, the new connections should reconstruct the bead in the state it's been changed to. 

I am not sure it is as simple as this.  I will admit I only joined this conversation to "poke the bear" metaphorically speaking.  Soucasting is in the same magic tree as forging imo... both change the state of matter.   We know with forgery that breaking the seal reverts it back.  Logic says there should be an equivalent with soulcasters.

9 minutes ago, FiveLate said:

I am not sure it is as simple as this.  I will admit I only joined this conversation to "poke the bear" metaphorically speaking.  Soucasting is in the same magic tree as forging imo... both change the state of matter.   We know with forgery that breaking the seal reverts it back.  Logic says there should be an equivalent with soulcasters.

I think this may be a false equivalency. 

Forgery tricks something into changing shape by overwriting it's connections in the Spiritual Realm to give it a false past. It relies on plausibility and the existing history of the object. It's very subtle. It's a trick. A Forgery. 

Soulcasting doesn't have any such stipulations. It changes what is with no regard for what it could be. There's nothing subtle about it. 

I don't think they use the same mechanics at all. 

Just now, Calderis said:

I think this may be a false equivalency. 

Forgery tricks something into changing shape by overwriting it's connections in the Spiritual Realm to give it a false past. It relies on plausibility and the existing history of the object. It's very subtle. It's a trick. A Forgery. 

Soulcasting doesn't have any such stipulations. It changes what is with no regard for what it could be. There's nothing subtle about it. 

I don't think they use the same mechanics at all. 

Ok put that way I see your point..

• Chaos locked this topic