Wayne Swearing by The God Beyond?

King Cole

Question

While currently rereading Shadows of Silence I stumbled upon a quote that puzzled me. On page 213 of the Kindle version Wayne thinks 

Should one see trash as something to be elevated as it had been created by the God Beyond like everything else

Does anyone have an explanation for this because this has puzzled me a lot

3 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, King Cole said:

While currently rereading Shadows of Silence I stumbled upon a quote that puzzled me. On page 213 of the Kindle version Wayne thinks 

Does anyone have an explanation for this because this has puzzled me a lot

It's a belief that transcends planetary borders, and that's about all we know.

Windrunner17 ()

Shai refers to an Unknown God, is this at all related to the rocks that fell from the sky that Shai's ancestors carved?

Brandon Sanderson

For her people, there is a relationship. But watch for mentions of the God Beyond in the books. There is more here.

From the coppermind:

On Scadrial, Wayne mentions the God Beyond in passing.

On Sel, it was referred to as the Unknown God by the MaiPon, although this is indeed the same as the God Beyond. Wan ShaiLu prays to the unknown god, and her people related it to the rocks that fell from the sky.

Additionally, in a scene from the perspective of Hoid at the back of the Elantris Tenth Anniversary Edition, Hoid refers to the God Beyond in passing. It is unknown what relationship the God Beyond has to Adonalsium.

On Threnody, Silence Montane and her daughter William Ann, swore to the God Beyond.

Even though there's no mention of the God Beyond in the text of the Words of Founding in HoA, I reckon Harmony mentioned it in the reams of info hue gave the Originators. Wayne mentions it at least twice. 

Eg "That’s different. She was a woman. Good at lying, they are. The God Beyond made’m that way.”

Sorry I know this is a (kind of) old thread, but I thought I should bring up the fact that Lessie also swears by the God Beyond in Shadows of Self (in the prologue):

Something clicked like a lock in Waxillium's mind. "I have met you before," he said.

"No you haven't," she said, looking away. "Let's keep-"

"The Weeping Bull!" Waxillium said. "The dancing girl!"

"Oh, God Beyond," she said, leading the way up the stairs. "You remember."

That makes me wonder if SoS spoilers

Spoiler

Kandra are more cosmere-aware or if it was just Lessie, under the influence of Trell, that was more cosmere-aware. Or if she just colloquially picked it up like Wayne (somehow it's hard to imagine Wayne being very cosmere-aware)