Sooo...What's the thing with Khriss and Nazh?

Staphylococcus

Question

Do we know anything about how these two met? What brought them together? Why do they travel together? Maybe for how long have they known each other? 

I'm just kind of fixated on these two, since we know vitrually nothing about Nazh (as far as I know) and very little about Khriss (not counting the WS prose) and they both come from planets with a messed up cognitive realm, so I'm really interested in any info there is. 

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find anything.

Edited by Staphylococcus
My autocorrect hates me

4 answers to this question

We don't know how they met or when they met, though we do know White Sand is currently the earliest work in the Cosmere and we know they've been together since the next-earliest work which is Elantris (based on Nazh getting his hands on a contemporary map) and our first time seeing them together was in Era 1 Mistborn. I suspect we'll have to wait until Brandon releases his planned later Taldain works to really get details since one assumes that's how we'll learn how Khriss becomes the worldhopping arcanist we know and love. Or possibly he'll sneak a reference into his recently announced Silverlight novella, who knows?

6 hours ago, Weltall said:

We don't know how they met or when they met, though we do know White Sand is currently the earliest work in the Cosmere and we know they've been together since the next-earliest work which is Elantris (based on Nazh getting his hands on a contemporary map) and our first time seeing them together was in Era 1 Mistborn. I suspect we'll have to wait until Brandon releases his planned later Taldain works to really get details since one assumes that's how we'll learn how Khriss becomes the worldhopping arcanist we know and love. Or possibly he'll sneak a reference into his recently announced Silverlight novella, who knows?

Wait, what, they have been together in Mistborn 1? I haven't been Cosmere aware at the time I was reading it and I had absolutely no idea until now! 

Wow. Thanks for this. Will have to pay more attention while rereading.

2 minutes ago, Staphylococcus said:

Wait, what, they have been together in Mistborn 1? I haven't been Cosmere aware at the time I was reading it and I had absolutely no idea until now! 

Wow. Thanks for this. Will have to pay more attention while rereading.

Ahh, technically they don't appear in the Era 1 books, they appear in Secret History which takes place alongside them. So you didn't overlook anything.

36 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Ahh, technically they don't appear in the Era 1 books, they appear in Secret History which takes place alongside them. So you didn't overlook anything.

Oh, ok, thanks :D I was afraid I missed Khriss somewhere. :(:D

I know they are in the Secret History. I should have known what you meant :D