Hi everybody!

Monti

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cac

My name is Monti, and I discovered 17th Shard after being handed a card by none other than Brandon Sanderson at a book signing at Boskone 54 this Friday. It was so great to meet him, and I can attest that he is undoubtedly one chill dude.

The Cosmere have dominated the year of 2017 for me; I've read eight of his books since the beginning of the year. I discovered the Cosmere after being recommended by a friend because I love shape-shifter species, such as the Changelings in Star Trek DS-9 and the aliens in the X-Files. The kandra are now my favorite species in any literature so far! Last year I started reading more fantasy books, after being introduced to the wonderful world of Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Before this, I primarily read only science-fiction novels.

Mistborn era 1 and 2, Elantris, and Warbreaker are all that I've read so far, however I have my newly signed copies of the two Stormlight Archive books and Arcanum Unbounded on my shelf waiting to be read.

All in all, I'm excited to be here, in a forum that includes my favorite number of 17 in the name. I'm looking forward to talking with you all!