Burning Harmonium

rock soup

Question

5 answers to this question

We don't actually know what properties it would have if you tried to use it in the Metallic Arts because the 'it blows up when it gets wet' thing makes it impossible to safely use in Allomancy or Hemalurgy and very risky in Feruchemy. It's possible that Sazed made his godmetal like that deliberately or it might be a natural side-effect of Harmony's nature as a fusion of two opposing Intents. That only the southerners have it suggests that Sazed did at least one thing deliberately when it comes to Harmonium so if controlling it's reactivity was within his powers I wouldn't be surprised to learn eventually that its volatile nature was also deliberate.

Did I miss something? When was there Harmonium? The only weird metal I remember other than what bleeder's spike was made from was what I think the southerners called "Etmetal" and I don't remember hearing that it didn't play well with water. It has been a while and I might just not remember correctly, could someone refresh me?

15 minutes ago, RichardKopelow said:

Did I miss something? When was there Harmonium? The only weird metal I remember other than what bleeder's spike was made from was what I think the southerners called "Etmetal" and I don't remember hearing that it didn't play well with water. It has been a while and I might just not remember correctly, could someone refresh me?

It's been confirmed at an event that ettmetal is harmonium. Bleeder's spike was made from a different metal. Allik said that ettmetal explodes in contact with water.

Edited by Spoolofwhool