Feruchemical Versatility

Shadeshadow227

I just realized how useful certain Feruchemical abilities would be. With Cadmium, you could not have to breathe for short periods of time, which is useful underwater, in toxic gasses, etc. But, you could also highly oxygenate your blood, allowing you to do things like sprint for extended periods of time and sprint faster. Anyone heard of blood doping? It is banned in most, if not all, sporting events, and it is...artificially introducing extra oxygen to the bloodstream in order to improve performance. Sound familiar?

With Duralumin, you could quickly make relationships by tapping, as well as reduce awareness of you by storing so that people are less likely to notice you, and even speak the language of the land you are currently in. There are a million other ideas flashing through my mind, but I won't list them here, because I don't want this to be an EXTREMELY long post to read.

I have some other ideas for applications of most of the others which are unorthodox but plausible, but, as stated before, I will not put them here, as I do not want the people who read this to die of old age before finishing.

Does anyone else have any ideas for possible ways Feruchemical abilities, or any of the Metallic Arts, could be used?

28 minutes ago, Shadeshadow227 said:

I just realized how useful certain Feruchemical abilities would be. With Cadmium, you could not have to breathe for short periods of time, which is useful underwater, in toxic gasses, etc. But, you could also highly oxygenate your blood, allowing you to do things like sprint for extended periods of time and sprint faster. Anyone heard of blood doping? It is banned in most, if not all, sporting events, and it is...artificially introducing extra oxygen to the bloodstream in order to improve performance. Sound familiar?

With Duralumin, you could quickly make relationships by tapping, as well as reduce awareness of you by storing so that people are less likely to notice you, and even speak the language of the land you are currently in. There are a million other ideas flashing through my mind, but I won't list them here, because I don't want this to be an EXTREMELY long post to read.

I have some other ideas for applications of most of the others which are unorthodox but plausible, but, as stated before, I will not put them here, as I do not want the people who read this to die of old age before finishing.

Does anyone else have any ideas for possible ways Feruchemical abilities, or any of the Metallic Arts, could be used?

There are so, so many ways that each and every power associated with the Metallic Arts could be used in daily life, that discussion of such can and has filled several threads.  Feruchemy in particular (especially full Feruchemy) would be a college student's dream, especially if they've had the time to store up a bit.  Tap bronze to get yourself out of bed, Tap iron to get to class on time, store pewter and iron during the lecture, tap zinc during the question portion, store zinc and brass during lunch, etc., etc., etc.

On 12/31/2016 at 0:16 AM, Landis963 said:

There are so, so many ways that each and every power associated with the Metallic Arts could be used in daily life, that discussion of such can and has filled several threads.  Feruchemy in particular (especially full Feruchemy) would be a college student's dream, especially if they've had the time to store up a bit.  Tap bronze to get yourself out of bed, Tap iron to get to class on time, store pewter and iron during the lecture, tap zinc during the question portion, store zinc and brass during lunch, etc., etc., etc.

Wasn't there a WoB somewhere stating that he actually based Feruchemy on that exactly? Something like, "It would be awesome if I had these powers. Ooh, I should make a magic system out of that!"

• Chaos locked this topic