Afternoon

Aeonax

Hey guys, I've posted a couple of replies on here and figured I might as well make a intro post.

I've read most of the Cosmere books (+ Rithmatist, The Reckoners) and tend to read only fantasy/sci-fi for the last several years. I only just got around to reading most of the novellas (except Secret History!) after the Arcanum Unbounded came out. 

I have been browsing the Cosmere and book-specific subreddits and thought I would check out this site, honestly I haven't been on a normal forum in *years* but used to frequent (and have setup/managed) several.

I am a Software Developer living in New Zealand and don't know anyone who reads these books in person.

Hi, and welcome to the Shard! We're basically the best community on the Internet, so no worries. If you need anything, don't be afraid to PM me. Also, I feel the same, in that I don't know anyone who's read Brandon's books IRL. And as a general precaution, don't take the cookies. They'll Ruin your life. (Capitalization intended.)

2 hours ago, Aeonax said:

Hey guys, I've posted a couple of replies on here and figured I might as well make a intro post.

I've read most of the Cosmere books (+ Rithmatist, The Reckoners) and tend to read only fantasy/sci-fi for the last several years. I only just got around to reading most of the novellas (except Secret History!) after the Arcanum Unbounded came out. 

I have been browsing the Cosmere and book-specific subreddits and thought I would check out this site, honestly I haven't been on a normal forum in *years* but used to frequent (and have setup/managed) several.

I am a Software Developer living in New Zealand and don't know anyone who reads these books in person.

Welcome to the Shard! I'm Shqueeves! Have an upvote! Avoid the cookies, they will Ruin your appetite

I'm sorry that you don't know anyone personally who reads it; try to get your family to read it

4 hours ago, A Budgie said:

Hey, welcome to the cosmere!
I agree on the cookie point. It's best to tread carefully...

Thanks! I'll try not to take the cookies.

2 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Welcome to the Shard! I'm Shqueeves! Have an upvote! Avoid the cookies, they will Ruin your appetite

I'm sorry that you don't know anyone personally who reads it; try to get your family to read it

None of them read fantasy unfortunately :( I tried to get my little brother to read some fantasy (Dresden Files) and it came back fairly damaged :/