mistborn or stormlight archive questions.

Jude

mistborn or stormlight archive questions?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. favorite character from these?

2. 2. Favorite power?

3. 3. favorite enemy?

5 minutes ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

If only I could give you an upvote, great questions, just that I don't have any :(

ill upvote you on all i can find of you ok, and i did

Edited by Jude
acomplishment

2 hours ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

If only I could give you an upvote, great questions, just that I don't have any :(

I'm out too for today :(

2 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Dang I misvoted. I voted for ruin, but thought it said ruler as in Lord Ruler. Any way to change my vote to inquisitor?

I just voted for multiple enemies

1 hour ago, Ironeyes said:

Lol everybody hates Sadeas so much they won't vote for him

XD

27 minutes ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

Is it weird that I didn't hate Sadeas that much? I one of the few people that didn't cheered when Adolin killed Sadeas

I am going to do another one tommorow with different questions

49 minutes ago, Secrets said:

I'm out too for today :(

I just voted for multiple enemies

XD

2 hours ago, Ironeyes said:

Lol everybody hates Sadeas so much they won't vote for him

3 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Dang I misvoted. I voted for ruin, but thought it said ruler as in Lord Ruler. Any way to change my vote to inquisitor?

34 minutes ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

Is it weird that I didn't hate Sadeas that much? I one of the few people that didn't cheered when Adolin killed Sadeas

My feelings about Sadeas roughly parallel my feelings about Dolores Umbridge. If you know what I mean. 

15 minutes ago, Ironeyes said:

My feelings about Sadeas roughly parallel my feelings about Dolores Umbridge. If you know what I mean. 

I don't hate Sadeas that much. When I Adolin killed him, I wasn't happy, I was worried for Adolin, in my mind, I was saying: "What in Damnation did you just do?" I also respect Sadeas for his wits and how he mischieved Dalinar in both books.

Sadeas was greedy. If we had been introduced to Dalinar from Sadeas' viewpoint, hearing things from Sadeas' point of view, we would have grown to hate Dalinar and love Sadeas. His goal was noble, and in a way, he parallels Dalinar. They both want to craft a new world, just in different ways. While Sadeas acts more like a Kira/Lelouch, Dalinar is much more of a Matsuda. Dalinar sees the world as having a choice, while Sadeas sees it as his divine duty to unite, which is ironic, because Dalinar is the one with the messages from god.

@Darkness Ascendant he's still a chullhat, but he's a respectable chullhat.

Edited by Jedal

1 hour ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Weeeelll

Dalinar's alive and Sadeas is dead soooo

Well, Adolin betrayed his honorable concepts.

I don't like Sadeas, I just don't know if the hate is more for his betrayal or the way he thinks.

33 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Really? I don't like sadeas, but I absolutely loathe umbridge. Umbrisge is worse than Sadeas by a few miles

Same, though I can see what @Ironeyes is saying. It's like Cersei or Joffrey from the Tunes of Frost and Flame, characters who you love to loathe or loathe to loathe. (Or Cadsuane from WoT for me... though not in the same league)

The difference for me is that while Sadeas is a cremling, Umbridge is so much more SMUG than Sadeas. Sadeas gets his moments and trolls Adolin openly in WoR, but with Umbridge it oooooooooozes from every pore, every moment she's in the scene. We also never get any viewpoints from Umbridge, so we don't get to see anything from her perspective, any reason for her personality and way of thinking. We just see that she's a toad who's the epitome of smug, condescending Hippogriff droppings, the way adults can seem to be to children/teenagers and even some adults.

By contrast we see things from Sadeas, we see his internal struggles and reasonings, his thinking patterns, albeit briefly, humanising him a bit more. This to me is why he's not quite on the same level of character hatred that brings people to the point of cheering when the comeuppance for a character is implied to be offscreen centaur gang-rape.

• 8 months later...
On 12/15/2016 at 10:49 AM, Rawrbert said:

Same, though I can see what @Ironeyes is saying. It's like Cersei or Joffrey from the Tunes of Frost and Flame, characters who you love to loathe or loathe to loathe. (Or Cadsuane from WoT for me... though not in the same league)

The difference for me is that while Sadeas is a cremling, Umbridge is so much more SMUG than Sadeas. Sadeas gets his moments and trolls Adolin openly in WoR, but with Umbridge it oooooooooozes from every pore, every moment she's in the scene. We also never get any viewpoints from Umbridge, so we don't get to see anything from her perspective, any reason for her personality and way of thinking. We just see that she's a toad who's the epitome of smug, condescending Hippogriff droppings, the way adults can seem to be to children/teenagers and even some adults.

By contrast we see things from Sadeas, we see his internal struggles and reasonings, his thinking patterns, albeit briefly, humanising him a bit more. This to me is why he's not quite on the same level of character hatred that brings people to the point of cheering when the comeuppance for a character is implied to be offscreen centaur gang-rape.

ha ha ha yes!

• Chaos locked this topic