"hey guys, long time, first time"

robardin

I fell into Branderson's work after reading his first "ghost co-written" WoT book, then picking up Mistborn and Elantris, and then the ride never stopped :)

I've found and read this forum many times over the past few years, and itched to jump into some discussions only to find they were from 2-3 years ago, and finally figured, no way to get into them without being a forum member, so here I am!

Edited by robardin
typio

14 minutes ago, robardin said:

I fell into Branderson's work after reading his first "ghost co-written" WoT book, then picking up Mistborn and Elantris, and then the ride never stopped :)

I've found and read this forum many times over the past few years, and itched to jump into some discussions only to find they were from 2-3 years ago, and finally figured, no way to get into them without being a forum member, so here I am!

Welcome! You deserve a cookie!

CA3F62E2-596D-400F-B047-ABF9E8368E5A-3558-000005B0939A5286_tmp.png

51 minutes ago, robardin said:

Hey there, robardin! 

Welcome to the Shard! I am bleeder. I like music, and coats.

You'll learn a lot, and make new friends.

Do not eat the cookies. They will Ruin your life.

If you ever need anything, feel free to let me know!

Edited by bleeder

1 hour ago, robardin said:

Hello robardin! Welcome to the 17th Shard. Enjoy your stay!

Beware of cookies

Just now, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

What should really matter is the reputation relative to the time the user has been active. I created my account 7 days ago and I have 49 upvotes, so...

I only started using my account at the beginning of August, and have almost 1,000, so...

But that's enough of that.

Welcome to our community, @robardin, sorry for the hijacking of your intro.

Just don't eat the cookies. They are Hemalurgic spikes and will tear your soul into little tiny pieces. Not fun.

Apologies.

Just now, bleeder said:

I only started using my account at the beginning of August, and have almost 1,000, so...

Just don't eat the cookies. They are Hemalurgic spikes and will tear your soul into little tiny pieces. Not fun.

Apologies.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU TOLD HIM @bleeder, I HATE YOU! STORM YOU!

23 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Apologies.

Our cookies don't tear people's souls into little bits! They only enhance, and rip their souls open.

Welcome to the shard robardin! I hope you like this lovely corner of the internet we call home.

And don't take any of those so called "cookies." Take a bookie instead, courtesy of the Knights Awkward. They're shaped like books and taste like different characters. For instance, the one I am offering to you is a Sylphrena bookie; it tastes beautiful and articulate and not at all odd.

Also you should listen to me. I outrank all of these guys in both seniority and rep. :P

6 hours ago, robardin said:

Don't listen to @The Honor Spren, she claims to be girl. We all know that those are MYTHICAL creatures.

Anyway, I'm Jedal, welcome to the Shard! We are a generally friendly community, so have at it in debate or RP! By the way, have an upvote!

6 hours ago, robardin said:

Wait...you FELL into his work...that sounds like an interesting story...

Welcome to the Shard! It is a pleasure to have you here!

Random Question: What is your favorite word that Brandon has ever used?

Edited by DroughtBringer

Welcome! Just remember, while there's people giving you cookies, nobody expects the Steel Inkwizishon! That is also a threat/warning to any cookie-peddlers.

I'm JUQ, or John, and I am the resident insanite of the fora. (See what I did there?)

Edited by JUQ

I dunno about all these cookies. Unlike an Allomancer I can't just burn them... They'd just add to the padding :P

Though what would a cookie-burning Misting gain thereby? And what would a Feruchemist store in a cookie?   And what cookies qualify as "alloys"?

I say I "fell" into Sanderson fandom (Fanderson? Sanderdom?) because it's a lot like falling into a pool of water. You thrash about and just get more wet, and ultimately, surrender and just sink in. (I'm not a very good swimmer, you see.) I've read every Cosmere work, plus the Reckoners trilogy and The Rithmatist with my kids, though we haven't gotten in on the Alcatraz/Evil Librarians.

Favorite power? Well aside from fantasizing about being a Lord Ruler type compounding dual full Feruchemist and Allomancer, I guess being a Coinshot would be really useful for getting around NYC. Man, my commute would be so much quicker and  more awesome.

Favorite Sanderson word? Meaning invented word, or turn of phase? For the former I'd go with "Allomancy", which perfectly connotes exactly what it is in-universe: magic derived from alloys of metal. Turn of phrase is probably "Journey before Destination." Truly an Ideal to live by.