Favorite Cosmere Character?

Jedal

I know of one other thread like this, but it has not been touched since 2012, and I'm no necromancer.

My personal favorite is Spook(my name is a bit of a niche reference). His growth is unparalleled in any Sanderson series.

I empathize most with Khriss and her quest for knowledge followed closely by Jasnah and hers, but Jasnah gets the nomination for now because she's more of a character at this point while Khriss is more like a walking, talking background event who's just starting to take shape as an individual.

2 hours ago, Jedal said:

I know of one other thread like this, but it has not been touched since 2012, and I'm no necromancer.

My personal favorite is Spook(my name is a bit of a niche reference). His growth is unparalleled in any Sanderson series.

Well, here we go. I love Sazed, Kelsier, Kaladin, Adolin, Dalinar. Galladon, Nightblood (is it considered a character?), Wax, Steris, Elend, Marsh, Szeth, and Leras. But honestly, even though I love all of the previously mentioned characters, if I had to choose one, I'd probably choose the Stick.

1 hour ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

Well, here we go. I love Sazed, Kelsier, Kaladin, Adolin, Dalinar. Galladon, Nightblood (is it considered a character?), Wax, Steris, Elend, Marsh, Szeth, and Leras. But honestly, even though I love all of the previously mentioned characters, if I had to choose one, I'd probably choose the Stick.

Stick has more Investiture than Adonalsium and all the Shards combined.

20 minutes ago, Jedal said:

Yes. I'm tired of people no seeing the Stick's true potential. He is the most powerful entity in the Cosmere, that's why it didn't want to change, because that would implicate losing all of its investiture.

24 minutes ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

Yes. I'm tired of people no seeing the Stick's true potential. He is the most powerful entity in the Cosmere, that's why it didn't want to change, because that would implicate losing all of its investiture.

Stick is the God Beyond. The God Beyond is Stick. Brandon Sanderson answers to Stick.

1 minute ago, Jedal said:

Stick is the God Beyond. The God Beyond is Stick. Brandon Sanderson answers to Stick.

We answer to Stick. Stick is the beginning and the end. RUIN and Preservation took inspiration from Yolen to create people in Scadrial, those two were dumb. They were trying to imitate the Endless, the Cosmereweaver, THE STICK

In roughly the following order:

1. Jasnah

2. Steris

3. Khriss

Wayne, Hoid, Galladon.

Silence.

Baon.

Lord Ruler. Rashek actually is quite awesome in his own unique and tragic way.

Szeth.  He reminds me of China Mieville's Bas Lag protagonists. Tragic in every way. 

MeLaan.  Definitely the  kandra to hang out with.  

Starting to warm up to Marasi again.

Among the bit players: Axies, Ym, Rock

Shards: Leras (until I find out why he killed Adonalsium and decide if I agree with his motivations), Sazed.

Spren and other splinters: Ivory [*], Syl, Wyndle.

Objects: Nightblood.  Cracks me up every time.

[*] based on the scene that described what happened to Jasnah immediately after an attempt on her life.

Edited by emailanimal

5 hours ago, Jedal said:

At the end of times, Cosmere will retain only two religions: one consisting of all the pantheons of Bavadin, and the Church of Stick. Most people will worship at the latter. 

Edited by emailanimal

This is nearly an impossible question. i love so many for so many reasons. However, if I am forced to pick one, it's Syl. She is such a beautiful character. (Also intelligent and articulate :)) Having any spren as a companion would be awesome, I like Pattern a lot as well. However the cute attitude and obvious devotion is simply too endearing. 

• Chaos locked this topic