Theory about Allomancy, Feruchemy and Nightblood

Thunder_93

Hi everyone,

so, yesterday I just had some random minds, and kept thinking about it (as stupid it might be, strange theories are still fun to think about).

So, my thought was just, what would happen, if an Allomancer would hold Nightblood? As the metal itself does not contain the Investiture, I'm pretty sure it would just consume the "lifespark". But as soon as the Allomancer actually burns his metals, he gets Investiture from Preservation, right? So, I guess, Nightblood would be consuming this. This means, an Allomancer could burn a metal, holding Nightblood, and nothing would happen, he wouldn't get the effect of the burned metal (but wouldn't die either, as long as he keeps burning it).

Then, about a Feruchemist. Here I'm really not too sure, but at the same time I think it's interesting. So, first, a feruchemical charge is basically Investiture, is that correct? I mean, it kind of has to be, otherwhise (if it would be kind of a "linking" to Preservation or Ruin) it really would not make sense... What then might be an argument against all that: You store Investiture in a Nicrosilmind... but was we don't understand this too well yet, I think it should be alright. Or does any of you think, a feruchemical charge isn't Investiture...?

So when we asume that it is Investiture, Nightblood should, in theory, be able to get it out and fuel itself with it.
But then we come to something else, which, in my opinion, kind of seems like that, but I find it rather strange. So, if Nightblood can do that, does this mean, a Feruchemist (probably needs to be a full one) can constantly store some of his attributes, and so hold Nightblood basically for as long as he wants?
Then I kept thinking, just about Feruchemy. If a feruchemical charge is actual Investiture, what does this mean to a Feruchemist/people on Scadrial? It basically means, all their senses, strenghts and so on are Investiture, as they can store it. But this would mean, they kind of... have infinity Investiture, even when not all at once. Think about it, someone could keep storing and storing into new Metalminds, but for himself, as soon as he stops storing, he doesn't have a negative effect. But still, the Investiture is stored. So, what does this mean...? Do they have like that "infinite" access to Investiture (not at once), or might it be something... like a linking to Preservation/Ruin just like Allomancy? Honestly, I think both is... a bit weird...

We have confirm that Nightblood may feed on Allomantic's power and Feruchemy's charge...so yes a Metalborn may hold Nightblood safety for a while (a Feruchemist may fuel nightblood with any kind of attribute not only from a Nicrosilmind).

Just remember that Nightblood's hunger becomes greater and greater as long as he eats, so soon or later also a metalborn would find himself uncapable of generate enough Investiture.

Edited by Yata

Right, I didn't think about the hunger increasing. Anyways... now ignoring Nightblood (well, kind of):

like I've described before, if a feruchemical charge is Investiture, this means that a Feruchemist has kind of infinite Investiture. He can keep storing and collect investiture, but in the end, if he stops storing, he's back to normal again. So, looking like that, all storable attributes of a Feruchemist (maybe of all people from Scadrial) are Investiture. But this seems rather strange to me, that they basically have infinte of it.... Where does it come from?

And if this attributes are Investiture, does this mean, if holding Nightblood, and without Metalminds, Nightblood would fuel from attributes itself (as they need to be Investiture-based, so it can be stored)until the holder dies?

My opinion is that all feruchemy routes itself through the spiritweb, which is composed of investiture. All attributes are encoded into the spiritweb, and when you store an attribute, the investiture for the metalmind charge is pulled from the spiritweb, diminishing that attribute. If you use Nightblood without another source of investiture, it consumes your spiritweb, which is investiture, along with your other spiritual components, which is investiture as well. It's not consuming the attributes exactly, save for the spiritual ones. 

I don't know how to explain the fact that they regain investiture, but it seems to me that there is a balancing force somewhere adding investiture to them to ensure they meet a status quo. I wouldn't be surprised if it is Preservation.

I think they don't have actually infinite Investiture or something like this...They "simply" (if we may call it simple)  convert energy-matter to Investiture (that is what actually the matter in the Cosmere is made) coded in metal. You may take two ways to explain it, one is more:phyisical, the other pretty spiritual.

Physical explaination:

You may see it as analogue to the Nutrient Feruchemy (at the moment I don't remember the metal, sorry). You actually convert the food/water into their equivalent in Investiture. You have that no more avaliable also when you stop storing.

In the same way when you store...speed for example, you convert a part of the energy you would be able to use to move into Investiture coded in Steel. When you stop storing the energy is no more steal and the ability to move return to be used to move your body.

Spiritual explaination (but @Spoolofwhool expressed it before me):

Here you need to have in mind the Atium Feruchemy usage. With the Soul that pushes you into your rightful state

When you store some attribute you are actually changing how your being is. This isn't something that the Soul doesn't like and pushes you to revert to your right status. You may imagine (i suppose) as a variable hemalurgy that don't change the template of a being but only an istance of it.

• Chaos locked this topic