Children

Zodiac

Question

3 answers to this question

Brandon has said that Steel Inquisitors could have children but there might be 'complications' when it comes to their sDNA. Presumably this would apply to anyone with a particularly odd spiritweb (for example, Returned) but allomantic savants would probably be on the low end of the scale as far as potential complications go. We know for example that most Seekers become savants without even realizing it and we'd presumably have heard something if their children always turned out to have sDNA weirdness.

TLDR: Yes, though it's apparently a sliding scale.

I don't think the spirit being broken would have as much of an effect as it being argumented. As Weltall said, Savants seem to have no complications, while Hemarulgists and Returned do. The biggest difference between these groups is that Hemarulgists and Returned have argumented souls. Hemarulgists, for example, contain all the sDNA of their victims, and Returned likely have a very small amount of original sDNA remaining, most of their soul having been replaced with endowment's investiture. I would assume that this confuses the sDNA of the child, causing the complications we see

I am with @Bugsy6912 here. Be broken or magic user alone is usually a pretty stable condition and the offspring will not have any kind of problem (He cited the Hemalurgist, but I actually think that unless you are twisted to be no more human, your child woul be fine).

The problem arise when someone is so twisted to be leterally "not human" (or to be more precise, "too far from the original race") and probably the Interbreed may have everykind of oddity with them (but He has not to be, as we see on Roshar with Listener-Human hybrids)

Edited by Yata