Radiant's colors

manukos

Question

in Dalinar's vision where he fights Midnight Essence he notices the the two radiants that come to his rescue shine with a different color 

and later on during the recreance he takes note of the same thing 

My question is : does each of the orders heve a diferent color based on the gemstone attributed  their herald patron  and if so do they gain any other power based on the essence  or body focus that the gem is tied to?

2 answers to this question

We do know they have a color. I don't know for sure that it's based on gemstone, although I think most of us consider that highly likely and operate mostly under that assumption. We do have this WoB:

ARGENT
Will a Surgebinder's eye color change when they Surgebind or have a Blade... Is the color of their eyes corresponding to their Order? So Windrunners would do blue, and...
BRANDON SANDERSON
Yes.
ARGENT
So each Order does a different eye color?
BRANDON SANDERSON
Each Order does indeed get a different eye color.

As for abilities, I've never seen anything 100% about them being based on or tied to those essences, but we do have this:

ALA: In addition to the two abilities given by each surge, does a Knight Radiant order have a third blended ability, the interaction of its two given surges?

BWS: Not specifically as phrased there, but each order has quirks that are unique to it. They are magical quirks, but it’s not necessarily a blend of the powers.

Neither of those answers your exact question, but that's as good as I've got :)

I don't know if it has been explicitly confirmed, but a fair number of people on here believe the "Orders have their own Color" idea.

As for the body focus/essence doing something extra... No clue. All I know is that the pure essences are easier to Soulcast something into