True stories [jokes]

Sam Script

I'm basically the only Cosmere reader in my class, but some of my classmates know about Mistborn, or at least heard of that.

One day I found that a girl has Mistborns in her house:

"So your father bought you the whole trilogy, why didn't you read that?" I asked.

"Well, I want to start from some EASIER books to get into the fantasy genre

Like... A Song of ice and fire I guess?"

Shoot me plz.

"You said you have read a little part of Final Empire, right?"

"Yeah, the first few pages"

"So what do you think about Kelsier?"

"??? Who's Kelsier?"

.__. K.

"Wait you mean all of them(Brandon's books) are in the same universe?!"

"Sort of, but---"

"Let me guess, Reckoners and Rithmatists right? And I love Infinity Blades as well"

"NOOOOOOOOOOO QAQ(my face)"

======

Postscript:

I know this might not be the best place to discuss these stories, so I'll be glad if this topic is moved to a better part of the forum by the page runners, thx lol

1 hour ago, HoidvsVoid said:

I asked my friend if he likes brandon sanderson and he said no since he NEVER kills off main characters...Hahaha.

Thats a very difficult point. He almost got away with it in Reckoners, but I can't think of any where he doesnt kill off at oeast 1 main char besides Infinity Blade, where he had little choice.

what books of his has your friend read?

Mistborn...he apparently did not finish it...book three, two, or one.

(Also rithmatist he does not kill main character off...yet. Also legion, no real main one dies yet. And stormlight, again yet. The short stories. Alcatraz... yet. Emperors soul. But i agree that in all his finished more mature series, he kills off characters. Not because he likes to, but he needs to for plot.)

1 minute ago, HoidvsVoid said:

(Also rithmatist he does not kill main character off...yet. Also legion, no real main one dies yet. And stormlight, again yet. The short stories. Alcatraz... yet. Emperors soul. But i agree that in all his finished more mature series, he kills off characters. Not because he likes to, but he needs to for plot.)

I glanced past SA since it wasnt finished. I forgot abiut Emperor's Soul :facepalm:

My dad didn't like Elantris. He said he didn't like it because the plot didn't follow a central story along the standard 'boy gets sword that makes him angry and pokes the final boss with it not knowing what it would actually do' boring crap... Yeah, the stuff they are doing changes, but that's the beauty of it. Grrr

1 hour ago, Djarskublar said:

My dad didn't like Elantris. He said he didn't like it because the plot didn't follow a central story along the standard 'boy gets sword that makes him angry and pokes the final boss with it not knowing what it would actually do' boring crap... Yeah, the stuff they are doing changes, but that's the beauty of it. Grrr

So he was expecting the story to be about some generic male character finding Nightblood and destroying some evil?

46 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

So he was expecting the story to be about some generic male character finding Nightblood and destroying some evil?

Yeah basically. I was specifically referencing Shannara there. Apparently he didn't like that their goals were changing through the book. Specifically, he didn't like that they were trying to depose Iadon (if that's his name... been a while) and support him in the same book for mostly the same reason.

6 hours ago, HoidvsVoid said:

Have you read the latest Alcatraz book yet? 

Spoiler

I don't know if Attica counts as a major character but it certainly has a major impact...

Technically no major character dies who stays dead in TFE... but that's because Kelsier is Kelsier and he doesn't listen to Brandon.

On 10/23/2016 at 2:58 AM, Sam Script said:

I'm basically the only Cosmere reader in my class, but some of my classmates know about Mistborn, or at least heard of that.

One day I found that a girl has Mistborns in her house:

"So your father bought you the whole trilogy, why didn't you read that?" I asked.

"Well, I want to start from some EASIER books to get into the fantasy genre

Like... A Song of ice and fire I guess?"

Shoot me plz.

What? I'm assuming this girl doesn't know much about fantasy or A Song of Ice and Fire, because I definitely would not call it easier than Mistborn. In a lot of ways it's more difficult, since Mistborn pretty much takes place in one city instead of having different viewpoints jump around the country and across the ocean. If she really wanted something easier, I would commend the Inheritance Cycle(which I read when I was twelve), or just go with some classic Lord of the Rings.

Also, the phrase she has Mistborns in her house made me imagine Vin and Kelsier hiding in her closet.

9 hours ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

What? I'm assuming this girl doesn't know much about fantasy or A Song of Ice and Fire, because I definitely would not call it easier than Mistborn. In a lot of ways it's more difficult, since Mistborn pretty much takes place in one city instead of having different viewpoints jump around the country and across the ocean. If she really wanted something easier, I would commend the Inheritance Cycle(which I read when I was twelve), or just go with some classic Lord of the Rings.

Also, the phrase she has Mistborns in her house made me imagine Vin and Kelsier hiding in her closet.

Dude you're ruining the humor inside this plot :lol: She has read neither Mistborn nor Ice&Fire, so the funny part is of the fact that she's totally a outsider, does that make sense:D

3 minutes ago, Sam Script said:

Dude you're ruining the humor inside this plot :lol: She has read neither Mistborn nor Ice&Fire, so the funny part is of the fact that she's totally a outsider, does that make sense:D

Outsider...haven't heard that in a while. Almost everyone knows something about fantasy nowadays, and the fact she called it A song of Ice and Fire, and not Game of Thrones has to merit for something.

1 hour ago, Sam Script said:

Sorry. It's just so weird to think of anyone knowing so little about fantasy that they would say something like that, my brain has difficulty comprehending it. I have a strong urge to introduce them to the genre. 

4 hours ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

Outsider...haven't heard that in a while. Almost everyone knows something about fantasy nowadays, and the fact she called it A song of Ice and Fire, and not Game of Thrones has to merit for something.

Well that's because in my country (Taiwan) the tv series GoT is still titled fully "A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones". Seldom mentions the Westeros Stuffs as GoT, but Ice&Fire.

• Chaos locked this topic