If Sanderson Characters were Pokémon Trainers...

Quadrophenia

Whenever I get really bored and I happen to be into this or that, one way I like to pass time while working or walking my dog is entertaining this little geeky-as- hell hypothetical. 

"What if the cast of this thing I really like (i.e. Avatar: The Last Airbender, Fullmetal Alchemist, Harry Potter, etc) were Pokémon trainers?"

I applied this line of the wonderful world of Brandon Sanderson... mainly the Cosmere series, since I haven't gotten around to reading The Rithmatist, The Reckoners Trilogy or the Alcatraz series (is it even any good? What's the read on that?), but yeah. What if your favourite Cosmere protagonists and antagonists were Pokémon Trainers? Would they have a single-type thing going? Would they have any sort of unique theme that reflects their character? 

For instance... I can so see Vin as amassing a team of Dark and Steel-type Pokémon.

And what Cosmere creatures would make great Pokémon?

Calling it now- Chasmfiends? Either Ground/Insect or Insect/Water, since they're a type of Greatshell. Mistfiends are Ghost-type Pokémon, obviously, most Spren would be a Fairy-type with a secondary subtype save for Voidspren (Dark/Fairy, I'd assume), Koloss are Fighting-type (possible secondary typings: Steel? Dark?)...

Heh, what do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

Whenever I get really bored and I happen to be into this or that, one way I like to pass time while working or walking my dog is entertaining this little geeky-as- hell hypothetical. 

"What if the cast of this thing I really like (i.e. Avatar: The Last Airbender, Fullmetal Alchemist, Harry Potter, etc) were Pokémon trainers?"

I applied this line of the wonderful world of Brandon Sanderson... mainly the Cosmere series, since I haven't gotten around to reading The Rithmatist, The Reckoners Trilogy or the Alcatraz series (is it even any good? What's the read on that?), but yeah. What if your favourite Cosmere protagonists and antagonists were Pokémon Trainers? Would they have a single-type thing going? Would they have any sort of unique theme that reflects their character? 

For instance... I can so see Vin as amassing a team of Dark and Steel-type Pokémon.

Calling it now- Chasmfiends? Either Ground/Insect or Insect/Water, since they're a type of Greatshell. Mistfiends are Ghost-type Pokémon, obviously, most Spren would be a Fairy-type with a secondary subtype save for Voidspren (Dark/Fairy, I'd assume), Koloss are Fighting-type (possible secondary typings: Steel? Dark?)...

For Hemalurgic creations, I would say Steel as a secondary-type regardless. Like, Mistwraiths (Ghost/Steel) evolve into Kandra (Psychic/Steel); Koloss are Fighting/Steel and Chimaeras Dark/Steel. 

Cremlings (Fairy/Ground or Fairy/Bug) evolve into Chulls (Ground/Bug) and then they branch-evolve off into Chasmfiends (Ground/Dark), Greatshell (Bug/Water), and very rarely, Santhid (Water/Psychic)

Just now, bleeder said:

For Hemalurgic creations, I would say Steel as a secondary-type regardless. Like, Mistwraiths (Ghost/Steel) evolve into Kandra (Psychic/Steel); Koloss are Fighting/Steel and Chimaeras Dark/Steel. 

Cremlings (Fairy/Ground or Fairy/Bug) evolve into Chulls (Ground/Bug) and then they branch-evolve off into Chasmfiends (Ground/Dark), Greatshell (Bug/Water), and very rarely, Santhid (Water/Psychic)

Oooh, I like that... much better than what I came up with.

3 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

Oooh, I like that... much better than what I came up with.

Yours are pretty good, too. 

What about what teams of Pokemon certain characters would have?

Kaladin would probably have a small team, maybe just a Tyrogue. 

Vin would have a Sneasel. Kelsier, a Weavile. 

Vasher would have an Aegislash (cause swords). 

That kind of thing. 

5 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Yours are pretty good, too. 

What about what teams of Pokemon certain characters would have?

Kaladin would probably have a small team, maybe just a Tyrogue. 

Vin would have a Sneasel. Kelsier, a Weavile. 

Vasher would have an Aegislash (cause swords). 

That kind of thing. 

Kaladin, I feel, as a Windrunner and a top soldier would have primarily Flying and Fighting-type Pokémon (I could so see Lucario on his team)... and if you want to include Honorspren as Pokémon (Fairy/Flying), he has Syl as the one token Fairy on the team.

Vin has a Houndoom, as a nice reference to TenSoon. Beyond that, I'd like to imagine maybe a Gothitelle as her token "girly" Pokémon to represent Vin's feminine side and Bisharp or a Scizor to be her main heavy hitter Steel-type.

Vasher... Vasher is sneaky. Dark or Poison would be his thing, but natch he'd have an Aegislash.

4 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

Kelsier?

... He deliberately crafted an image for himself as someone who was bold, larger than life and, well, mythic. 

... He should have an Aggron. Largest Steel-type I can think of. 

That would definitely work. 

Ham would have a Machamp that was in charge of a bunch of Machoke. 

39 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

Odium is Dark. Ruin is Poison/Dark, because he's the anthropomorphic personification of _Decay._ Preservation's easily a Fairy/Grass type (life deity, all that). Etc. 

Endowment is Grass, because of jungles, Autonomy is Fire/Ground because he is a sun and his magic is based on sand, Honor is Steel and Cultivation is... Grass/... Steel? Dark? Im not sure.

Is Harmony Fairy/Dark?

28 minutes ago, Zathoth said:

Endowment is Grass, because of jungles, Autonomy is Fire/Ground because he is a sun and his magic is based on sand, Honor is Steel and Cultivation is... Grass/... Steel? Dark? Im not sure.

Is Harmony Fairy/Dark?

He does more or less manipulate Wax to kill people for the greater good... which, even by his own admission, is a moral quandary he has to wrestle with every second of his existence. Which is to say nothing of his tight control on the kandra population to prevent the means by which they might reproduce and replenish their rapidly dwindling numbers.

So, yeah, I'd say Fairy/Dark sounds about right. 

8 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

He does more or less manipulate Wax to kill people for the greater good... which, even by his own admission, is a moral quandary he has to wrestle with every second of his existence. Which is to say nothing of his tight control on the kandra population to prevent the means by which they might reproduce and replenish their rapidly dwindling numbers.

So, yeah, I'd say Fairy/Dark sounds about right. 

He is two opposing forces, so he does have a little bit of dark in him.

... looking at my avatar I kind of want to make a pokemon set for Harry... not that Im caught up, but lets do it anyway...

Delphox (Its magical and it burns things)

Tyrantrum (Dinosaur...)

Alakazam (Magic)

Talonflame (Wind and fire)

Alola Ninetales (Ice and Fairy)

Gourgeist (He's born on Halloween)

34 minutes ago, Zathoth said:

He is two opposing forces, so he does have a little bit of dark in him.

... looking at my avatar I kind of want to make a pokemon set for Harry... not that Im caught up, but lets do it anyway...

Delphox (Its magical and it burns things)

Tyrantrum (Dinosaur...)

Alakazam (Magic)

Talonflame (Wind and fire)

Alola Ninetales (Ice and Fairy)

Gourgeist (He's born on Halloween)

Hm. I'm not sure about Delphox. As Fire-Starters go it might be a little too effeminate. 

... Why not Rapidash? There's boatloads of horse motifs surrounding Harry (see: Ebenezer's affectionate nickname for him).

20 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

Hm. I'm not sure about Delphox. As Fire-Starters go it might be a little too effeminate. 

... Why not Rapidash? There's boatloads of horse motifs surrounding Harry (see: Ebenezer's affectionate nickname for him).

Yeah, I see what you mean... Sure, Rapidash is better.

8 minutes ago, Zathoth said:

Yeah, I see what you mean... Sure, Rapidash is better.

Also, just for fun, Molly Carpenter gets mainly a team of psychic Pokémon, Thomas gets the prettiest but deadliest Pokémon on his team...

Hell, Mouse probably counts as a Pokémon in his own right. Calling it, he's Normal/Fairy.

Just now, Quadrophenia said:

Also, just for fun, Molly Carpenter gets mainly a team of psychic Pokémon, Thomas gets the prettiest but deadliest Pokémon on his team...

Hell, Mouse probably counts as a Pokémon in his own right. Calling it, he's Normal/Fairy.

Right! I completely forgot about his pets... this changes things... he needs a Dusknoir or something too, as Bob.

Elaine has an Alolan Raichu, Morgan has mostly rock and ground types...

Mouse is perfect as Normal/Fairy.

15 hours ago, Quadrophenia said:

Does the admin relocate it or...?

It takes some sort of special access to do it. Let me go check for who mods this subforum.

Edit: I'm unsure who the local mod is, but I know that @Eerongal should be able to switch it over into Entertainment.

Edited by Elenion

I'll make a new thread dw. And I reckon it should be, "If Brandon Sanderson characters were GYM leaders" It would allow them to kinda have a theme, as well as have a solid six pokemon. I'll put it in Entertainment, and I will copy and paste everything here so we can be all caught up, ok?

EDIT- It's up guys, go check out Entertainment Discussion

Edited by Dankness Ascendant

Quadrophenia

• The Prince & Princess of Sound
  • Quadrophenia
  •   Lighteyes
  •  
This Thread was started by her. The original thread can be found here
Spoiler

Whenever I get really bored and I happen to be into this or that, one way I like to pass time while working or walking my dog is entertaining this little geeky-as- hell hypothetical. 

"What if the cast of this thing I really like (i.e. Avatar: The Last Airbender, Fullmetal Alchemist, Harry Potter, etc) were Pokémon trainers?"

I was thinking of making the characters like Gym Leaders. What do you guys think? So they can have a solid 6 pokemon and have a theme to go with them as well. We can make up badges for them as well XD
Edited by Dankness Ascendant

I have idea! I'll draw each character with a team of 6 pokemon!

Also, Dalinar would have a team of solemn and strong pokemon. Maybe Fighting types and Dragon types, seeing as he's pretty stubborn and Dragon types resist most other types. And Fighting types are resistant to Dark and Rock. Dalinar is a protagonist that fights "evil", and the Shattered Plains are pretty much rock.

So

Sawk, Crabrawler (cos crustacean), Lucario, Jararanga (stats haven't been released, but it is a Dragon/Fighting), Garchomp (Cos Dragon/Ground) and a pure Dragon type like Haxorus.

Image result for jararanga

This is all we have on Jarango and Jararanga XD Still look pretty cool

Imma draw im tomorrow? I'll take requests as well