Mistborn Era 3/Era 4 Tech: How the Metallic Arts Might Influence Scientific Development

Quadrophenia

Final thought for the mech-assisted Kandra.  

15 hours ago, bleeder said:

Yeah, but... kandra mechs. 

BOM Spoiler mixed with the thought:

Spoiler

Specifically referencing the evil Kandra at the end of BOM, we could conceivably end up with a Kandra-Krang.  An evil brain with tentacles inside the belly of an Aluminum mech...

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Final thought for the mech-assisted Kandra.  

BOM Spoiler mixed with the thought:

Hide contents

Specifically referencing the evil Kandra at the end of BOM, we could conceivably end up with a Kandra-Krang.  An evil brain with tentacles inside the belly of an Aluminum mech...

So... Daleks. You want Scadrian Daleks.

57 minutes ago, bleeder said:

So... Daleks. You want Scadrian Daleks.

Yes, I suppose that is the inevitable conclusion to this idea.  And I suppose that it is conceivable that in the future Scadrial could begin to be referred to as Skaro.  All we need now is a timeless space traveler, who is irreverent and likes to observe key moments in History, to combat them.  But e must be able to take many forms and have an aversion to violence.

Oh.  Hi there Hoid.  When did you become the Doctor?

Edited by Stark
Additional info

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Yes, I suppose that is the inevitable conclusion to this idea.  And I suppose that it is conceivable that in the future Scadrial could begin to be referred to as Skaro.  All we need now is a timeless space traveler, who is irreverent and likes to observe key moments in History, to combat them.  But e must be able to take many forms and have an aversion to violence.

Oh.  Hi there Hoid.  When did you become the Doctor?

And just earlier, we made the comparison between Hoid and Q for the whole "Storm Trek" reference... 

Yup.  But this may actually fit better than "Q".  Especially seeing as the Cognitive realm could conceivably be bigger on the inside.  And Allomancy, like the sonic scre-driver, does not work so well on wood.

Other than the time travel, you could make a really solid case for Hoid being a Doctor analogue.  And viewing the Cosmere events from Hoid's perspective could be seen as quite episodic.  And he is in (almost) every episode so far...

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Yup.  But this may actually fit better than "Q".  Especially seeing as the Cognitive realm could conceivably be bigger on the inside.  And Allomancy, like the sonic scre-driver, does not work so well on wood.

Other than the time travel, you could make a really solid case for Hoid being a Doctor analogue.  And viewing the Cosmere events from Hoid's perspective could be seen as quite episodic.  And he is in (almost) every episode so far...

He's also an oddly martial pacifist who finds loopholes to beat the ever loving crap out of people (see: Kelsier). 

13 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

He's also an oddly martial pacifist who finds loopholes to beat the ever loving crap out of people (see: Kelsier). 

One could argue that the Doctor is too, having been a warrior, and being responsible for the destruction of numerous foes.  Yet violence is always a disparaged and avoided recourse.

I think we have a WoB somewhere that Hoid is incapable of hurting living things, though it is not clear whether that is by choice or an imposed restriction.  Based on the Kelsier interaction, and a few comments made on Roshar, it does seem like it is an imposed restriction...

And re: Keliser, well, hasn't he always been a bit of an exception to the rules?

17 minutes ago, Stark said:

One could argue that the Doctor is too, having been a warrior, and being responsible for the destruction of numerous foes.  Yet violence is always a disparaged and avoided recourse.

I think we have a WoB somewhere that Hoid is incapable of hurting living things, though it is not clear whether that is by choice or an imposed restriction.  Based on the Kelsier interaction, and a few comments made on Roshar, it does seem like it is an imposed restriction...

And re: Keliser, well, hasn't he always been a bit of an exception to the rules?

I meant that as a further point in comparison, since the Doctor has technically committed genocide. Several times. 

• Chaos locked this topic