Mistborn: Birthright

Hello!

Do you remember this game? Will it be made? Date of realese everywhere is fall of 2016, but if I remember right it was moved. Were there any concept arts or gameplay? It is made by Little Orbit, I looked on the games that they have made and I am confident that it will be very bad or even worse, but I will buy it anyway cause it is Mistborn!

If you know something, please tell me.

It doesn't even show on the Little Orbit, nor Brandon sites anymore.  

Last update from the game's FB page said it switched developers, but it was still being worked on.  

Originally it was supposed to follow an Alomancer nobile, then I saw something on it following a Terriswoman.  

Man, I would love a MB game.  

I actually asked Brandon about this at a convention in April. Sadly he said that the game is dead at the moment. Brandon said they were getting it started, and he imagined the game playing in a similar style to Infamous: Second Son where you travel around Luthadel using steel pushes. It sounded awesome! But just as they were about to start, a lot of games that went through steam green-light as well as games not made by triple-A companies. They flopped, hard. (I don't know what games, I'm sorry) 

The company who was going to design the game got cold feet. They were worried that the game would take too much money and time and they doubted it would get enough sales. So they backed out, and Brandon won't accept a low budget deal, and have a bad game. This is his stance about the movie ideas as well. He wants serious say in the project, and he has a high standard. The big companies are not currently interested, and the small companies are either too wary or too cheap. I be someday it will be a thing, but Brandon would rather wait and do it right.

On the bright side, if they perfect VR games by then, it would be an insane game to play in first person...

23 hours ago, Massik said:

Originally it was supposed to follow an Alomancer nobile, then I saw something on it following a Terriswoman. 

It was always going to follow the mistborn. There was never an indication, that I saw at least, that the Terriswoman was anything more than an important npc.

• Chaos locked this topic