A writing group ?

Kaelya

Hi there! 

As you can see, I am new around, and I'm looking for some mates to create a writing group with me! I am following Sanderson's classes on youtube and I'd like to try his advice to create a writing workshop. The thing is, I'm french and I only write in french, but I can totally read in english, so you can join if you write in english too! The idea would be to send each other pieces of work on a regular basis (like every two weeks or something) so that we can give advices to each other and do some constructive criticism. So I'm looking for people who would like to do this seriously. 

So you should consider joining if :

-you want to write regularly and be read by different people so that you can use their advices and criticism to improve

-you write in english or in french (I can also read spanish if by chance it happens that you are a spanish writer)

-ideally, you can read french

-you have some time to spend regularly (again, something like once every two weeks) on skype or any other device that would allow us to do group meetings in which we talk about each others' works. 

Thanks for reading, and please answer this directly if you're interested, instead of sending a pm, so that other users can see how many are interested!

Please also join us on our Discord server :  https://discord.gg/TPdBwJW

People interested and languages :

-Kaelya : writes in french, reads in french, english, spanish

-Vreeah : writes in english, reads in english

-Doctor12 : writes in malay, chinese, english, reads in malay, chinese, english

-Unodus : writes in english, reads in english

-Darkness Ascendant : writes in english, reads in english

-Assassin in Burgundy : writes in english, reads in english (and eventually in italian if needed but not sure)

-CalypsoDreaming : writes in english, reads in english

Edited by Kaelya

Well I'm glad people are interested :) Maybe just add in which language you write and which languages you can read, so that we can get organized more easily? 

I'll let people answer for a bit, and then at the end of the week we can start talking about how we are going to do it!

Hey, I'm also looking through Brandons lectures- so I'd also be interested if they're still spaces :D

I can only speak and write English fluently though, so sorry about that... x.x

Btw, in terms of devices that we can use for meetings- I'm not sure if ya'll are aware of "Discord", but my experience using it has been pretty good thus far, might be a good alternative to Skype? Just a thought :V

Edited by Unodus

Sure, thanks! I didn't know it but let's give it a try :)

I edited my first post to add everyone's languages. We're already enough english-speaking people to start a writing group in english, but I'd really like to have at least one person who could read my texts in french, do you know anybody here that's French too? 

Edited by Kaelya

I'm willing to join

I was part of numerous writing groups before, but they are pretty much dead. Might stick around until this one dies too ;) 

Can't skype tho, Discord I can do, and I have a Curse server as well

https://www.curse.com/servers/j9TSk8

I write and read in english

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

Let's hope this one sticks, then.

Cool, I'll check it out. The curse server link is currently giving me an error, it looks like a server crash or something, but I'll try again later.

Speaking of which, turns out my previous discord share link expires after twenty-four hours, but thankfully I've figured out how to generate a permanent one:

https://discord.gg/TPdBwJW

Edited by Vreeah

17 hours ago, Kaelya said:

Sure, thanks! I didn't know it but let's give it a try :)

I edited my first post to add everyone's languages. We're already enough english-speaking people to start a writing group in english, but I'd really like to have at least one person who could read my texts in french, do you know anybody here that's French too? 

You could teach us french XD. Always wanted to learn French. And y know... Google Translate!

Edited by Doctor12

Well if you really want to learn french, here is my first advice : never, EVER, believe an auto translate x) 

Let's start in english anyway, we'll see how it goes and then I'll see what I'll do. 

So, for the newcomers: we have started talking a bit on Discord, so please come see us there if you want to join. We might not stay there but that's where we will probably start :) And don't worry about being late, we haven't started anything right now and it doesn't matter if you join later anyway!

Yep, feel free to join! This discord group is currently the one we're using.

https://discord.gg/TPdBwJW

Depending on how many pieces get submitted for review and discussion, we might split into separate divisions within the Discord server. This way, no one needs to read too much at once, and everyone's work can get a solid amount of attention.

The first batch will come together on July 31, 2016.

Welcome, Calypso ! I edited the first post to add you. 

We're officially seven members now, which means it would probably be better to split up into two groups. So if any more of you are interested to join, don't hesitate ! We can always add more members :) 

We started to work on Discord but you can join for the next session. The link to the discord server can be found in my first post. 

Join us, and come have fun !

Hm. Could you tell us how old you are ? If you're really young, well, maybe it's not a bad decision, but if you're not, maybe we could try to explain to them how it works ? I could write them an email if you want. Basically, if they let you go on forums, they shouldn't have any problem with Discord.