Cosplay Question

So this may not be the best place to post this question but I'm going to try it anyway. I'm planning on doing a cosplay of a Parshendi warrior for Dragoncon this year. I've found nearly all of the information I need. What I'm still missing is information on their feet. For some reason I always assumed that they were barefoot. Does anyone know?

1 hour ago, Yata said:

I imagine that for this kind of question, you may ask on Twitter to Mister Sanderson or Peter.

Are there specific accounts (accounts for questions rather than personal accounts) that I should send these to. I've not used Twitter in a very long time. LOL

2 hours ago, theuntaintedchild said:

Are there specific accounts (accounts for questions rather than personal accounts) that I should send these to. I've not used Twitter in a very long time. LOL

Mister Sanderson's Twitter (link)
Peter AhlStrom's Twitter (link)

Just in case anyone is curious. Peter answered my question he told me they wear shoes or boots! So that's a no on the barefoot. I'm thinking I like the idea of the roman legionnaire sandals. I'll have to try out a few different things to see what I like the best. 

• 1 month later...
On 23 August 2016 at 10:13 PM, theuntaintedchild said:

I am painting my carapace armor tonight and If I get the skirt done in time there will be a lone Parshendi (probably female as I'm working on the beard last.) wandering around Dragoncon!

Would you mind posting pictures? I'd love to see what your Parshendi armour looks like. :)

I will definitely post photos. The armor is very plain right now so don't expect anything too special. I do plan on eventually making more realistic looking armor. As of right now it's a little cartoony. Nevertheless I'm very excited to be cosplaying from something I care so much about. Last year, I ran across both a Vin Cosplay and a girl reading Way of Kings. Hopefully I'll meet some more fans of Sanderson I can chat with. 

4 hours ago, theuntaintedchild said:

I will definitely post photos. The armor is very plain right now so don't expect anything too special. I do plan on eventually making more realistic looking armor. As of right now it's a little cartoony. Nevertheless I'm very excited to be cosplaying from something I care so much about. Last year, I ran across both a Vin Cosplay and a girl reading Way of Kings. Hopefully I'll meet some more fans of Sanderson I can chat with. 

I'm pretty sure Brandon is going to be there this year and I'm sure he would love to see this.

• 3 weeks later...

So go easy on me guys. It was my first time making armor. I fully plan on trying to remake the armor out of something that isn't so smooth and cartoony looking. I have grand ideas. LOL

The first three are during construction and the final pic is after I had my face painted at Dragoncon and I found a relatable species to converse with. 14183854_1295397190491154_4014186719677320533_n.jpg14202715_1295397160491157_6770770266542633687_n.jpg14237751_1295397313824475_4657009064895903900_n.jpgIMG_0126.JPG

• Chaos locked this topic