Scadrial Shards

Asasasyn in White

Well, I'm here to ask about Scadrial shards. There are lots of spoiler form Mistborn trilogy, especialy from Well of Asencion and Hero of Ages.

Spoiler

We know Ruin and Preservation so far. Probably there is one more. So what is it?

Spoiler

I want Sazed to get all Cosmere shards. He have 2 already, 14 more to go.

Share you toughts about it please.

Edited by Asasasyn in White

Like Eki said just Ruin and Preservation reside on Scadrial (also if atcually the main part of a Shard's power is in the Spiritual Realm and therefore everywhere).

It's impossible to another Shard to be there or to be more precise, to be heavy Invested on Scadrial without Ruin and Preservation (or Harmony) notice it.

Edited by Yata

Here's a link to an old interview where Brandon confirmed that there were only Ruin and Preservation on Scadrial.

Have you read any of the Wax and Wayne books, and are wondering about something in them? Or are you referring to how there are three magic systems, so we would expect three Shards? Feruchemy is actually a magic belonging to both Shards; there have been some interesting discussions in recent threads like this one that have some explanations as to how the two Shards produced three magic systems (Allomancy of Preservation, Hemalurgy of Ruin, and Feruchemy of both of them).

24 minutes ago, Asasasyn in White said:

Thanks for replying and helping me finding this out.

But I just find out, that there is one metal that Harmony doesn't know and has Hemalurgic properities.

He is probably weaker, I don't know it for sure. 

Some kind of Infiltration is possible.

But one think is some little amount of Investiture (and yes some tons of Godmetals is something little to a Shard) after all also Ruin can't simply find his missing Atium and it was part of his own body.

Another thing is a Shard who arrives on Scadrial and Invest a great amount of Power there... It would be impossible to miss something like that, Harmony would be letteraly face to face with the other Shard... In the Spiritual Realm, quite face to face.... There is a similar scene in one Mistborn book but I would avoid to spoil you something if you didn't read it ;-)

On 7/6/2016 at 11:47 AM, Asasasyn in White said:

Thanks for replying and helping me finding this out.

But I just find out, that there is one metal that Harmony doesn't know and has Hemalurgic properities.

He is probably weaker, I don't know it for sure. 

You're referring to the "Trell" metal? As someone has said, the Era 2 Mistborn series has explained a lot of this or at least given hints. I don't want to give spoilers for any of those series, I don't think I'm allowed to here? But Shadows of Silence indicates that while there is a force (probably/possibly a Shard) with agents on Scadrial who is trying to influence events there, that force is not currently residing on Scadrial, only Harmony is. Harmony is the only Shard who's power is Invested in Scadrial.

• Chaos locked this topic