Spiritual Realm?

Lightspine

So far, we know almost nothing about the spiritual realm. Some people speculate that it appears as the sun in the cognitive realm, and we know that the Shards exist mainly in the spiritual realm. We also know people have "spiritwebs" and "spiritual DNA" which exist in the spiritual realm. 

Anyway, I was just reading the Way of Kings for what is maybe the fourth or fith time, when I reached the second to last chapter and actually gave thought about the place described by Dalinar at the start of his vision:

"The sky was dark and he stood on a field of dull, bone-white rock, jagged and rough, extending in all directions. Off into eternity. Amorphous shapes made of curling grey smoke rose from the ground. Like smoke rings, only in other shapes. Here a chair. There a rockbud, with vines extended, curling to the skies and vanishing. Beside him appeared the figure of a man in a uniform, silent and vaporous, rising lethargically toward the sky, mouth open. The shapes melted and distorted as they climbed higher, though they seemed to hold their forms longer than they should."

I haven't been on this site for that long, so this may have been pointed out before, but what if that was the spiritual realm? It seems completely different from any place previously described, and the figure in the uniform seems to be Dalinar. The smokey shapes may be the spiritwebs of nearby objects. In addition, Tanavast speaks to Dalinar and his voice comes from all directions. That could mean that Dalinar is surrounded by Tanavast, and we know that Shards exist mainly in the spiritual realm.

I know there is barely any evidence for this but it seems like the best thing we have so far that could be the spiritual realm.

We have seen the spiritual realm already, in fact.

Secret History spoilers:

Spoiler

Kelsier is shown the Spiritual Realm by Preservation twice, in Part 3 Section 3

Everything else was vaporized; nothing could withstand that terrible, wonderful light. Kelsier lost form, thought, very being. He transcended self and entered a place of flowing light. Ribbons of it exploded from him, and though he tried to scream, he had no voice.
Time didn’t pass; time had no relevance here. It was not a place. Location had no relevance. Only Connection, person to person, man to world, Kelsier to god.
And that god was everything. The thing he had pitied was the very ground Kelsier walked upon, the air, the metals—his own soul. Preservation was everywhere. Beside it, Kelsier was insignificant. An afterthought.

7 hours ago, Windrunner said:

We have seen the spiritual realm already, in fact.

Secret History spoilers:

Hide contents

Kelsier is shown the Spiritual Realm by Preservation twice, in Part 3 Section 3

Okay, that description makes sense. I hadn't read secret history yet.

• Chaos locked this topic