Seriously? Then I'll probably have to reroll (ha ha) his powerset...

How about this?

Can I keep the animals thing? What if a savage tiger is upon him? He has nothing to do but run!

Lottery

Power: Can turn objects (no humans or Epics) into ordinary dice. Has to be lighter than 200 kilograms

Extremely Annoying power: If he challenges you to a game of dice, you have to accept. If he wins, you are completely under his control for the rest of the day. If you win, you're scot-free, and he cannot ask you to join another game. Honorwise, he will also not kill you. He doesn't rig the games. His victim gets to choose the game.

MO: He enjoys challenging random vanillas to games of dice. He has accumulated quite the entourage of losers.

See above. Is that still too OP? Oh, and he can turn objects back to normal with his mind.

Well, all the members of the gang are kind of just mooks. If we did use him, he wouldn't need to be especially powerful. If he was, in fact, the gang might not actually lose the next engagement, which could be problematic. :D So yes. I was just imagining him having two pouches full of objects: one of them is full of weapons, and the other is just random stuff he throws around to make things more interesting, like tables and palm trees and hamburgers.

Can I keep the animals thing? What if a savage tiger is upon him? He has nothing to do but run!

I was going to say this is highly unlikely to be an issue, but then I remembered what RP we're talking about. :P

Gonna have to agree with everyone else though. The Dalles is closed to new Epics at this time and as awesome as Lottery sounds, there's not a lot of reason to make an exception for him.

No PI anymore. There's a 50% chance that his mind-control thing won't work.

Also, it's not even mind control. Think Nighthound and Ray connection. Nighthound doesn't "control" Ray, but she does have to follow his instructions. "Controlled" people still have some control over their actions. Unless he gives orders by voice.

Dang it Kobold!

Edited by breakingamber

Completely random question, but didn't someone at some point propose a weather-controlling Epic who resurrects by having little stormclouds come over and zap their corpse when they die?

I can't remember who it was who suggested it but I feel like complimenting them again for making a PI with a unique enough flavor for me to recall after all this time.

Completely random question, but didn't someone at some point propose a weather-controlling Epic who resurrects by having little stormclouds come over and zap their corpse when they die?

I can't remember who it was who suggested it but I feel like complimenting them again for making a PI with a unique enough flavor for me to recall after all this time.

I have a couple with similar, but not quite that I don't think. People who resurrect in storms mostly.

Gonna have to agree with everyone else though. The Dalles is closed to new Epics at this time and as awesome as Lottery sounds, there's not a lot of reason to make an exception for him.

No? We really do need more Epics in the group. We have some lined up, of course, and they're probably going to show up soon, but introducing this guy (in the simplified form that I suggest, anyway,) right now would give us a new perspective to write the next part of the bandit thing from (like I said, it's stalled at the moment.) We can probably just have him replace the guy who reshapes sonic waves.

No? We really do need more Epics in the group. We have some lined up, of course, and they're probably going to show up soon, but introducing this guy (in the simplified form that I suggest, anyway,) right now would give us a new perspective to write the next part of the bandit thing from (like I said, it's stalled at the moment.) We can probably just have him replace the guy who reshapes sonic waves.

With the number of Epics already lining the various factions in The Dalles, I must say I don't see the point in padding out this gang with still more. Combine the miscellaneous City Guard Epics with the Slivers and the members of Frequency's gang we've already seen and we might actually have as many Epic characters in this ostensibly vanilla-dominated city as we have in Portland or Astoria.

Was going to do one in Corvallis, a believer in Christ. I thought it would be a challenge, as I'm an atheist. Thought it would be kind of cool. Going to happen near Iconoclast, hope this goes the way I hope it will. I'll need some time to write a rough draft.

Edited by breakingamber

Rainmaker has a cloud-burst PI triggered by a danger sense where she turns into a cloud.  No resurrection though.

That's a very dismissive approach to their faith. 

He doesn't mean a Christian. The character's an insane vanilla who collects and hoards holy books out of the irrational belief that they're every Epic's weakness. He's got somewhere around sixty-five Bibles and counting now. :P

Rainmaker has a cloud-burst PI triggered by a danger sense where she turns into a cloud.  No resurrection though.

I was definitely thinking of something else.

She has an awesome PI too though, by the way. :D

That's a very dismissive approach to their faith. 

Sorry.

Kobold is closer to the truth than he thinks. :ph34r: Not joking.

The character will probably be a woman who thinks that all Epics (except for the redeemed ones!) are demons. And her house is filled with all the Christian holy artifacts she can get her hands on, including crosses, stakes (with the Bible etched into them, of course, to make it more "holy", Bibles, and good luck charms. Occasionally, she attacks really bad ones that seh sees as really bad demons. Doesn't stop Epics from thinking she's ridiculous.

Edited by breakingamber

Sorry.

Kobold is closer to the truth than he thinks. :ph34r: Not joking.

The character will probably be a woman who thinks that all Epics (except for the redeemed ones!) are demons. And her house is filled with all the Christian holy artifacts she can get her hands on, including crosses, stakes (with the Bible etched into them, of course, to make it more "holy", Bibles, and good luck charms. Occasionally, she attacks really bad ones that seh sees as really bad demons. Doesn't stop Epics from thinking she's ridiculous.

Could be neat. Two questions:

• How does she know about redeemed Epics?
  • How is she not dead yet, if she makes a habit of attacking ATTD-tier Epics?

I don't think Epics would find that funny. They tend to have god-complexes at worst, and racial superiority-complexes at best, believing Epics to be either worthy of worship or just superior beings to humans.

And in Corvallis, where nearly every vanilla was a drug-slave until 2 days ago? I doubt someone like that could exist.

Now in Portland, she would have more chance to be independent of Epic rule, but she would still be murdered casually by any Epic she annoyed. We need to keep in mind how easily and casually Epics kill people.

EDIT: And she could be one of the Faithful? Interestingly we haven't had any of those in this RP yet. Perhaps she believes that the Good Epics HAVE come, but she defines "good" as "not entirely sadistic and monstrous". Or perhaps she is still waiting. Mist Faithful seem to have been Christians of a sort, and believe that Epics are a test from God.

Edited by Blackhoof

Good.

About the Portland RP: Could I make it so that a man, who I'll name Jeffery (sorry Corpsey) Wandinson notices the conflict between Timeport and Nighthound. It would be even more fun if Timeport teleported into the guy.

Um...you do realize that if Timeport teleported into him, he'd have maximum one post, considering he'd be dead... right?

In contrast the ability to actually have lava-proof boots is one of the less useful Epic abilities. 

NUH-UH! 

Thefloorislava

Powers: Can turn the floor into lava.

Secondary: Can turn objects momentarily intangible, so anyone standing on them falls into the lava. 

Passive: Has lavaproof boots.

Also, I need a background for Abaddon.

Am I the only one who reads this as "A bad 'un"? As in, a bad one? :P

Where else might Lottery fit? I already have an Epic in Salem, so no, what about Astoria? The Destructors always need/want new recruits.

Can't speak for the Destructors recruiting  but for the Epic in general, I'm going to say no on the mind control part.

Voidgaze rips a hole in the world's continuity everytime she resurrects but somehow I don't think that's the one you mean. :ph34r:

With the number of Epics already lining the various factions in The Dalles, I must say I don't see the point in padding out this gang with still more. Combine the miscellaneous City Guard Epics with the Slivers and the members of Frequency's gang we've already seen and we might actually have as many Epic characters in this ostensibly vanilla-dominated city as we have in Portland or Astoria.

*Looks at the amount of Thoughttown NPC Epics and MEE (takes a seconf look at Voidus' profiles)* comparing numbers with Portland might be a bit much but your point still stands. :ph34r:

You guys should all go check out the post I just made in Random Stuff, if you haven't already. I think you'll find it very interesting. :ph34r:  

So the government has started their conspiracy for ultimate power. :ph34r:

EDIT: And she could be one of the Faithful? Interestingly we haven't had any of those in this RP yet. Perhaps she believes that the Good Epics HAVE come, but she defines "good" as "not entirely sadistic and monstrous". Or perhaps she is still waiting. Mist Faithful seem to have been Christians of a sort, and believe that Epics are a test from God.

Well, I do have one of those. :ph34r: