Obligatory Hello Post!

Lexodio

Hello all. I plan on "wasting" a good chunk of time here in the future.

Firstly, I listen to audiobooks, so I apologize if I don't take the time to spellcheck names before I spell them incorrectly. :-) Also, Michael Kramer and Kate Reading are amazing narrators.

My first Sanderson book was TWoK, then TWoR. After that I heard about this Cosmere thing and was enamored. I then found out about the wheel of time because of Sanderson's work on the final books (which I realize is a reverse of the cause and effect for many).

I've since listed to Elantris, The Emporor's Soul, Warbreaker, and more recently, The original Mistborn trilogy and The Alloy Of Law and Shadows of Self. With getting The Bands of Mourning today, I figured that it's about time I join my people. Rust and Ruin, it took me long enough.

Welcome!  We are indeed your people, and we sing the songs of nerd-dom.

(Beware of those who offer cookies.  They are not as they seem.)

I've noticed from other threads that the cookies tend to be hemalurgic spikes. That does not sound tasty.

They really aren't.  I prefer my cookies to be chewy, not crunchy.

this is kinda Really a wierd conversation if you think about it

Well well well. Another victim COMRADE. Welcome to the Shard

Hello all. I plan on "wasting" a good chunk of time here in the future.

Firstly, I listen to audiobooks, so I apologize if I don't take the time to spellcheck names before I spell them incorrectly. :-) Also, Michael Kramer and Kate Reading are amazing narrators.

My first Sanderson book was TWoK, then TWoR. After that I heard about this Cosmere thing and was enamored. I then found out about the wheel of time because of Sanderson's work on the final books (which I realize is a reverse of the cause and effect for many).

I've since listed to Elantris, The Emporor's Soul, Warbreaker, and more recently, The original Mistborn trilogy and The Alloy Of Law and Shadows of Self. With getting The Bands of Mourning today, I figured that it's about time I join my people. Rust and Ruin, it took me long enough.

Don't bother with the "T" in TWoR or TWoK, just cut it out and go WoK or WoR

Welcome!  We are indeed your people, and we sing the songs of nerd-dom.

(Beware of those who offer cookies.  They are not as they seem.)

Shut.Up. Cookies are fine.

I've noticed from other threads that the cookies tend to be hemalurgic spikes. That does not sound tasty.

Oh no of course they are tasty.

And not Hemalurgic Spikes.

I mean, who has ever heard of something as ridiculous as "hemalurgy"

Obligatory Welcome Post!

on another note, how exactly are cookies the ideal delivery method for a hemalurgic spike? Sure, it'll catch your prey off-guard, but how will they not notice a metal spike when they are eating? And what if they are a horneater? They'd just bite right through it.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an Obligator, too! Well, was, at least, for a while...

Obligatory Welcome Post!

on another note, how exactly are cookies the ideal delivery method for a hemalurgic spike? Sure, it'll catch your prey off-guard, but how will they not notice a metal spike when they are eating? And what if they are a horneater? They'd just bite right through it.....

It kinda relies on the idea of stop thinking about it, as far as I can tell. Also, the supreme power of innuendo.