Translating the Women's Script

King's Twit

Until now, I had not known that there existed translations of the pages of illustrations annotated with the Women's script. According to the coppermind, the method of translating the script into english was first discovered by Harakeke on TWG, but the link to the source did not work.

I really want to know how Harakeke figured out the translation. Does anyone have a working link to their post, a mirror of the post, or just remember how they figured it out? I would really appreciate any help. 

This is his most recent thread. It doesn't have all of the information, and some images are now missing, but it's a good starting point. 

The forum doesn't let me search more than 2 years back, so I can't find the original thread, the one with all the notes on how the original translation happened. But the link there is good.

This is his most recent thread. It doesn't have all of the information, and some images are now missing, but it's a good starting point. 

The forum doesn't let me search more than 2 years back, so I can't find the original thread, the one with all the notes on how the original translation happened. But the link there is good.

Thank you! I give you all of the upvotes that are in my power to give (so one :P ).

• 2 weeks later...

The original posts were on a forum that has since disappeared, but I did hang onto my physical notes. I did sort of a recap of the process in one of my posts in the translation thread: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/6487-thaylen-and-alethi-glyph-translation/?p=105582

It was quite the fun puzzle to solve! The hardest part was actually figuring out where the breaks were between the letters. For instance, "bi" looks a lot like "f". Once I worked out what most of the individual symbols were, it was just a matter of cracking the code.

@Argent - Which pictures are missing? Not part of the guide, I hope?

Edited by Harakeke

• Chaos locked this topic