Got hit by a highstorm

Darkness Ascendant

Last Friday, a loooong time ago, in the little city of Sydney, we got hit by the Stormfather himself. Figuratively speaking.

But seriously, the storm was so bad that it was worthy of a highstorm on the Shattered Plains.

It was like Zeus himself was throwing his bolts at my house but was so bad of aim that it took him 6 tries to hit us. To give you the picture,  I was standing at the window seeing multiple, very bright flashes of light outside, I got bored after some time and went to bed(It was late at night), just as I drifted off to sleep, I was woken by an enormous, ear shattering thunderclap, it then took me a while to realise that my fan had stopped working and the lights were out. We had been hit by lightning.

So when the lightning hit us, our modem and wifi router got fried as well as our garage doors. As the keen Sharder has noticed, our internet is back up and running.

I guess you guys can call be Stormblessed now 

• 2 weeks later...

I know the feeling, my friend.... a few months back, the Stormfather was not so merciful towards us.

We had a small tornado almost touch down on our property. Parts of our basement were almost a foot deep in water. Our roof needed replacing because of how many shingles had been blown away. The hale that came down chipped the paint off of our house and deck. Pieces of grass and branches were practically embedded into the side of the house. Branches the size of small trees had been torn off of our largest trees.

Needless to say... we spent a lot of time in the basement that night.

The ironic thing was that, during this destructive Highstorm, I was sitting on the floor in the basement, reading the Stormlight Archive. (Meanwhile, telephone polls were being snapped from the force of the wind)

I know the feeling, my friend.... a few months back, the Stormfather was not so merciful towards us.

We had a small tornado almost touch down on our property. Parts of our basement were almost a foot deep in water. Our roof needed replacing because of how many shingles had been blown away. The hale that came down chipped the paint off of our house and deck. Pieces of grass and branches were practically embedded into the side of the house. Branches the size of small trees had been torn off of our largest trees.

Needless to say... we spent a lot of time in the basement that night.

The ironic thing was that, during this destructive Highstorm, I was sitting on the floor in the basement, reading the Stormlight Archive. (Meanwhile, telephone polls were being snapped from the force of the wind)

Almighty have mercy!

That sounds horrible, glad you survived to tell the tale. 

I live in Brazil, so I suppose I know well what a weakened highstorm, of the likes you would see in, say, Tu Bayla, is like, but I am lucky to never have seem a powerful Highstorm worth of Alethkar or even Jah Keved, like Tetriona did.

Although I still must say the Kaladin in me loves the sound of thunder and strong wind.

Edited by DreamEternal

Although I still must say the Kaladin in me loves the sound of thunder and strong wind.

I completely agree. I find that sitting inside during a storm can be very relaxing and entertaining... as long as I am sure that I'm not going to be blown to another place in the Cosmere as a result of it. :P

• Chaos locked this topic