Elantris rp?

Kestrel

When I think about this, it seems a little unfair. You can pretty much either be an elantrian, and do pretty much whatever you want, or you can be a dakhor monk and be normal with some epic abilities, or you can be a commoner, and pretty much do nothing except be ignored, (useful,) or be comic relief. (Not fun.)

Personally, I would like to be a Jindoeese practitionor of the ChayShan magic or whatever they're called, but I don't really know much about them, except that they use martial arts and magic to increase their strength and speed. I suppose I can kind of go off of that.

If this is allowed, I would like to be a Jindoeese youngling (about 10?)

She was raised in a small dojo by a happy bubbling waterfall. This was, of course, after having been stolen from her mother (who died shortly afterwards anyhow,) and raised in a dark, shadowed place until she was about four. While she lived there, a man with big, ugly hands would whip and beat her, anytime he was provoked. One day, he didn't come back to the little hollow where they lived. Jia had never understood why she always needed to stay in the dark, smelly hollow, and she was hungry. She went outside. She heard frightening noises, and saw bright torches that hurt her un-adjusted eyes. It was scary, so she ran away.

After two days, an old ChayShan follower found her crying in an alleyway, and took her, biting and struggling, back to the monastery. When she arrived, she was sound asleep in the second pair of arms that had ever held her gently.

She barely remembers her previous life, and perhaps as a side effect, she finds it difficult to remember things, especially long term.

When she turned ten, she decided that she was ready to find her own way, and snuck away from the monastery. She meant to bring food with her, but she forgot. And at the monastery, they'd always found their own food anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna start now, but fair warning I'm sort of running in blindly into this so if this is a crappy starter don't be remotely shocked. set before the book.

Elantris. What a beautiful, shining city. Hearing stories, whispers of the city was one thing. Actually being at its gates, staring into the almost alien streets beyond, as another. It wasn't as grand as he had envisioned. It was better.

Jakel nudged his horse forward, a dusty bay mare he had named Sunray, into the bright city where he felt so out of place. Him, a merchant looking for a nice place to finally settle down, with his weathered clothing and messy brown hair agitated into unkempt locks from his time spent traveling and dark beard growing from his lack of time to shave on the road. Sunray herself wasn't the most stellar horse, but she was strong and handled the traveling shockingly well. That was all he wanted.

As for his plan, he had none. Maybe this place would finally offer him somewhere to settle down for a while. maybe he would move along in a day.

His appearance attracted some stares from humans and Elantrians alike, but Jakel tried not to sink into the saddle. It was hard not to. They were not unfriendly stares, but even the humans here looked like gods, never mind the Elantrians. He had never met an Elantrian before, actually; today was his first time seeing one in the flesh. They were humanoid still, and would have passed for normal humans had it not been for their otherworldly skin. A few seons bobbed in the streets, following masters human and Elantrian alike, another strange oddity to Jakel.

He decided to slip from the saddle, taking Sunray by the reigns. There had to be some sort of food or water around here, along with an inn and a place for his horse. But finding it might be an issue.