Hello from Denver! :)

nerdgir1

I just joined and admittedly haven't even had time to peek at most of the book-related discussions here, but thought introductions sounded like a good place to start... lol

I'm Becky, I'm from Denver, I <3 Brandon Sanderson's novels, I'm divorced, my 6 yr old son lives with me full time, and I'm an INFP (google it ;) lol) so I tend to be kind of a nerdy introvert and love getting lost in the cosmere that Sanderson has created.

I'd love to meet some people who share the same passion as I have for these stories and characters.

Some of my favorites so far:

- Mistborn Series (I preferred the original series over the Wax and Wayne series -- I just don't feel as emotionally connected to the new characters... although I had the same problem with getting into the Fear the Walking Dead characters too, so maybe it's just me. lol)

- Stormlight Archive (I love EVERYTHING about this series and cannot wait for Book 3!!!!)

- Elantris (I love this as a stand-alone book... I kinda feel like everything I "needed" resolution for as a reader happened by the end of the book, so I'm not sure how I feel about a possible sequel... and I had a really hard time getting into The Emperor's Soul as an Elantris a la carte story... but that might only be because of my aforementioned "new characters" issue ;) haha... so I guess I probably would have enjoyed it more if I viewed it as it's own stand alone story.)

- Warbreaker (I wish I hadn't listened to the audiobook version of this one, but overall loved the storyline and I'm hoping for a sequel... with the same characters!! lol)

Anyway -- Now that I've rambled on and on, I'll get to my point:

Hi! :D lol

Hi! Welcome to the 17th Shard!

Have you read any of the non-Cosmere works?

I haven't... although I have been thinking about it a lot. I'm almost done re-reading the original Misborn series (again) and looking for a new series to fill in while I'm waiting (rather impatiently) for Stormlight 3 to come out... lol :)

The Emperors Soul is one of my favorites, actually and I want sequels for Elantris because I want to know more about the other magic systems and the world, always loved super powers...

Anyway you joined during a very weird part of the year where we change our names to Ookla the something... it will stop being weird, maybe. (Im pretty new too, I just kind of joined in on the festivities)

Well, hello, welcome, etc.

The Emperors Soul is one of my favorites, actually and I want sequels for Elantris because I want to know more about the other magic systems and the world, always loved super powers...

Anyway you joined during a very weird part of the year where we change our names to Ookla the something... it will stop being weird, maybe. (Im pretty new too, I just kind of joined in on the festivities)

Well, hello, welcome, etc.

I was wondering about the whole Ookla thing! lol... thank you!! :) I better go change my name to something more Ooklish...

Hi Becky! Welcome to the craziness. :)

As a fellow nerdy, introverted Sanderson fan, I invite you to check out the Cosmere theory discussions and perhaps contribute to the Coppermind wiki. I hope you have lots of fun.

Brandon says that Warbreaker's planned sequel, Nightblood, will still have Vasher and Vivenna as main characters, at least, so it seems you'll be getting what you wished for!

Oh, and if you're looking for a good non-Cosmere book by Sanderson, I highly recommend The Rithmatist. It's standalone (at least for now; there is a planned sequel called The Aztlanian with the same main characters). The setting is in my opinion a very interesting take on the alternate Earth idea. Also, the main protagonist is a nerd, which is obviously the best kind of main protagonist. :P

When not an Ookla, I am known here as skaa. We'll revert to our usual usernames next week. See you around!