Hello from me

Tyson

Hi everyone

I've been lurking the forums since 2010 but have found myself visiting daily the last few weeks, refreshing myself on cosmere theories with the approaching of WoR release, so I thought I may as well create an account.

A bit about myself:

- Live in England

- 22yrs old

- Aspiring author (been working on my current novel for almost 2 years, with occasional breaks) I'll be uploading a bunch of old stormlight fan-fic I wrote to develop my writing skills

- Love discussing theories

- Read ALOT of fantasy

- Use apple iPhone when using the forums so i apologise in advance for grammar and spelling

So that's a brief intro on me. See you around.

Welcome, Tyson.  Glad to have you with us.

Incidentally, since you are from England, I have a question.  Although this may sound like a strange question, I am in earnest.  In the States, we have cookies.  In England, you call our cookies, biscuits.  However, in the States, we also have things we call biscuits.  These are like dinner rolls but are much more crumbly (very similar to scones).  For us, scones are a subset of biscuits.  Do you have a name for these bread-like things other than 'scones'?

Edited by Shardlet

Lol that made me laugh.

I had to use google to see what you were talking about and we have nothing like that.

Maybe an English muffin comes close.

A muffin? Crap!  Then what do you call our muffins?!  Will this chain never end?!  How can we reconcile such profound differences in our cultures?! 

Thanks for the answer.  I have been curious about that for a while.

• Chaos locked this topic