Just Finished Shadows of Self

Wolven

And I have to say, Sanderson does it again.  Wonderful book.  With every book he releases he is cementing his place as my all time favorite writer.  

I love where the story is going, and I ca't wait to get my hands on the next one.  What a great little plot twist.  Poor Wax though, Sanderson is really putting him through the wringer.  Having to see the woman he loves die twice?  The next conversation he has with Harmony is going to be very interesting.  

Speaking of that conversation, I loved the one they had in this book, I love how that even as a God his personality really hasn't changed all that much.  He still feels a little like the old Sazed.  I can just imagine him wringing his hands every time he has to make a decision he knows is gonna cause someone pain.  

I have to say that Steris is actually starting to grow on me.  She seems like a dry, boring person a lot of the time, but then there are those moments when she goes along for an Allomantic ride with Wax where she comes alive.  At the party as well she seems like she is really trying to get a little closer to Wax.  In her own odd little overly planning things out kinda way, but she is trying.

I find myself hoping that Sanderson doesn't do the obvious thing and have Wax eventually hook up with Marasi, and instead develops a real romance with Steris.

Great book though, I had a very hard time putting it down.

And I have to say, Sanderson does it again.  Wonderful book.  With every book he releases he is cementing his place as my all time favorite writer.  

I love where the story is going, and I ca't wait to get my hands on the next one.  What a great little plot twist.  Poor Wax though, Sanderson is really putting him through the wringer.  Having to see the woman he loves die twice?  The next conversation he has with Harmony is going to be very interesting.  

Speaking of that conversation, I loved the one they had in this book, I love how that even as a God his personality really hasn't changed all that much.  He still feels a little like the old Sazed.  I can just imagine him wringing his hands every time he has to make a decision he knows is gonna cause someone pain.  

I have to say that Steris is actually starting to grow on me.  She seems like a dry, boring person a lot of the time, but then there are those moments when she goes along for an Allomantic ride with Wax where she comes alive.  At the party as well she seems like she is really trying to get a little closer to Wax.  In her own odd little overly planning things out kinda way, but she is trying.

I find myself hoping that Sanderson doesn't do the obvious thing and have Wax eventually hook up with Marasi, and instead develops a real romance with Steris.

Great book though, I had a very hard time putting it down.

In AoL I was sure Marasi and Wax would be a couple, but in this new book Marasi seems a lot more sure that she doesn't actually love Wax like he thinks she does. This threw me off for a while, but now I look forward to a Wax/Steris pairing.

I loved that book too.

I always liked the kandra and I was so exited when they got to play such a big role.

Wax and Streris getting so close was refreshing because it was so diffrent from a typical lovestory.
For me it's those kind of things that keep Sandersons books from getting predictable.

Am I the only one who was seriously ceept out by the image of wax making out with a kandra? That plot twist disturbed my deeply. Almost as much as finding out that Rons rat in Harry Potter has always been a weird old murderer...

I loved that book too.

I always liked the kandra and I was so exited when they got to play such a big role.

Wax and Streris getting so close was refreshing because it was so diffrent from a typical lovestory.

For me it's those kind of things that keep Sandersons books from getting predictable.

Am I the only one who was seriously ceept out by the image of wax making out with a kandra? That plot twist disturbed my deeply. Almost as much as finding out that Rons rat in Harry Potter has always been a weird old murderer...

I hadn't thought about it before, but now that you actually mention it.  

Ya know I wouldn't mind a prequel short story from Paalm's point of view from when they were out in the roughs, to get an idea of what it was about Wax that made her fall in love him.

• Chaos locked this topic