About the Deepness...

DeadFencer

I'm fairly certain that the books covered more or less everything that mattered. Other than how Ruin was making it stronger.

Everything else doesn't really need any reason really, since it honestly just works that way.

Preservation didn't cause "some" of the mists. They were literally all of Preservation's investiture that wasn't stuck in the Well cycle, manifested into lerasium, or used to build the spiritweb of some rusting human.

Edited by natc

I don't know if you have read Hero of Ages but spoilers below if you have not.

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Leras

That pretty much explains why Preservation as the Mists did what he did. The Deepness was really just part of a story TLR used to hide what really happened 1000 years before.

Edited by Harrycrapper

I don't know if you have read Hero of Ages but spoilers below if you have not.

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Leras

That pretty much explains why Preservation as the Mists did what he did. The Deepness was really just part of a story TLR used to hide what really happened 1000 years before.

Mmm no.. The Deepness was the reason of the Alendi's journey to the Well as Hero of Ages.

It was the effect of the "Standard Mist" powered by Ruin. This "super Mist" didn't vanish at the dawn and the people was afraid that "the super mist" will kill them all (because without sunlight the plant didn't grown).

But the Deepness didn't kill more than the current Mist. The danger of the Deepness was not direct, a long term danger.

When Rashek killed Alendi and Ruin's plain failed. Rashek push Scadrial more near the Sun, hoping that this will burn away the Mist (because the "Standard Mist" fade at the sunlight I suppose). This worked but probably because Ruin didn't strenghten the Mist now not for some Sunlight-related cause.

Was Ruin only able to make "the deepness" when the well is full when he was trapped, because the closer to the sun trick didn't stop Ruin creating the deepness again, or does he only only create the deepness to get someone to find and use the well. 

Yeah It's exactly what I said.

To me the reason was because he lost is chance of freedom. It was pointless to use his "limitated" strenght to boost the Mist after Rashek Ascension. It would be aganist Ruin's plan. Because the People would understand that they may survive in the Deepness. The World was not ending at all.

But without Rashek (who knows much about Ruin, Preservation and the Mist), Ruin could use the Mist as a Fear-Tool to push Vin and the others.

Edited by Yata

• Chaos locked this topic