I am brand new!

theuntaintedchild

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is James. I started reading Mistborn about 6 years ago. I fell in love with the series and when I finished that up I started reading Elantris, and then Warbreaker. I'm happy to say I'm nearly caught up with Sanderson. I've read both Stormlight books, Elantris, Emperor's Soul, Warbreaker, Mistborn 1-4, (I'm on shadows of self at the moment.) and I've read Steelheart and Firefight as well. I just can't get enough of Mr. Sanderson's work (especially the cosmere stuff) I'm looking into buying Dangerous Women, and Shadows beneath soon. 

Aside from Brandon Sanderson, I like watching movies, anime, playing videogames, I'm a cosplayer(I hope to do one from a Sanderson novel soon, probably Dragoncon 2015), all that nerdy jazz. I'm glad to be part of this forum finally instead of just stalking around trying to avoid spoilers. 

Hi! Welcome to the 17th Shard! I'm glad you finally decided to delurkify yourself.

It looks like you've read almost all of it. I'd recommend the Rithmatist and the Alcatraz books too, even though they're for kids. They're also very good, though Alcatraz is a bit different than normal Sanderson.

Who do you want to cosplay as? And how are you enjoying Shadows of Self?

• 3 months later...

Hi! Welcome to the 17th Shard! I'm glad you finally decided to delurkify yourself.

It looks like you've read almost all of it. I'd recommend the Rithmatist and the Alcatraz books too, even though they're for kids. They're also very good, though Alcatraz is a bit different than normal Sanderson.

Who do you want to cosplay as? And how are you enjoying Shadows of Self?

I actually own a copy of Rithmatist and would enjoy reading the Alcatraz books as well. (I'm pretty fond of children's books.) I actually want to cosplay one of the Parshendi. I've got some interesting ideas for how to make that work, (I may have to do a female as my beard just won't grow to an impressive length.) I loved Shadows of Self...Also Bands of Mourning. XD

Welcome! Which Cosmere book was your favorite?

Well the original Mistborn Trilogy was one of the most complete stories I've ever read I loved every minute of it. 

Way of Kings showcased one of the most beautiful worlds in the cosmere. (On par with Babylon Restored in Firefight in terms of beauty)

Elantris' Reod was one of the most frightening ideas I've ever read of. 

All in all I think I'm going to have to give it to Mistborn for pure nostalgia and that moment at the end of it all in HoA. (I actually screamed and punched the sky I was so happy!)

Welcome, James! Sounds like you are very well versed in the worlds of Sanderson. I, like Elbereth, recommend the Rithmatist and the Alcatraz books. If Alcatraz doesn't make you laugh, you have no soul. I found the Rithmatist awesome because I am weird and actually like geometry and thought seeing it turned into a magic system was totally epic.

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is James. I started reading Mistborn about 6 years ago. I fell in love with the series and when I finished that up I started reading Elantris, and then Warbreaker. I'm happy to say I'm nearly caught up with Sanderson. I've read both Stormlight books, Elantris, Emperor's Soul, Warbreaker, Mistborn 1-4, (I'm on shadows of self at the moment.) and I've read Steelheart and Firefight as well. I just can't get enough of Mr. Sanderson's work (especially the cosmere stuff) I'm looking into buying Dangerous Women, and Shadows beneath soon. 

Aside from Brandon Sanderson, I like watching movies, anime, playing videogames, I'm a cosplayer(I hope to do one from a Sanderson novel soon, probably Dragoncon 2015), all that nerdy jazz. I'm glad to be part of this forum finally instead of just stalking around trying to avoid spoilers. 

You should read Mitosis

Welcome to the shard, have a freshly baked cookie

If The Rithmatist was for kids, then why the graphic scenes depicting how the chalklings skinned and ate you?

As for Alcatraz a grown man could go insane reading it, no wonder the Librarians banned it

You should read Mitosis

If The Rithmatist was for kids, then why the graphic scenes depicting how the chalklings skinned and ate you?

As for Alcatraz a grown man could go insane reading it, no wonder the Librarians banned it

I actually did read Mitosis, It was really great. I suppose I just forgot to list it. 

• 2 months later...

You should read Mitosis

Duuuuuuuuuuuude....what was in that cookie you gave me? After I ate it I was all like...."I can see clearly now the rain is gone!" and then I was like "Ooooh that smell. Can't you smell that smell. 

Welcome, James! Sounds like you are very well versed in the worlds of Sanderson. I, like Elbereth, recommend the Rithmatist and the Alcatraz books. If Alcatraz doesn't make you laugh, you have no soul. I found the Rithmatist awesome because I am weird and actually like geometry and thought seeing it turned into a magic system was totally epic.

If Alcatraz doesn't make you laugh, you have no soul. . .

But. . . I'm a Redhead, I didn't even have a soul to begin with!