Favorite sanderson quotes

“You see, that is the sad, sorry, terrible thing about sarcasm. It's really funny.”

― Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians

And

“If you're always on time, it implies that you never have anything better you should be doing." - Kelsier

Well that's what I tell my friends and family but I don't think they find it funny in the slightest. :D

Edited by Jit

I thought we were talking about alomancy. When did it become about mathematics? - Wayne.

Seems like it's suit the mood :P

“You see, that is the sad, sorry, terrible thing about sarcasm. It's really funny.”

― Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians

And

“If you're always on time, it implies that you never have anything better you should be doing." - Kelsier

Well that's what I tell my friends and family but I don't think they find it funny in the slightest. :D

These both deserve more than one upvote. I must find something else you posted to upvote...

also " It's actually a rather romantic and dramatic story --- one I would eagerly tell you, except for the fact that I recently forgot it, based on it being far too long and having not enough decapitations."

and

“Now you may have gotten the impression that there are absolutely no uses for Librarians. I'm sorry if I implied that. Librarians are very useful. For instance, they are useful if you are fishing for sharks and need some bait. They're also useful for throwing out windows to test the effects of concrete impact on horn-rimmed glasses. If you have enough Librarians, you can build bridges out of them. (Just like witches.)"

for it's monty python reference

Edited by jasonpenguin

"You're pretty enough, particularly through the coppers if you know what I mean"

"The coppers?"

"Sure. Word with a lot of curves, like you. You have a pretty accent too, and some nice bounce to you in the cloud area."

"Dare I ask what it is"

The white puffu things that float hight above the fruitful land where the seeds are planted"

Wayne/Marasi

Seriously, were I her, I'd make the guy marry me after this.

I almost spit the soda I was drinking at the time all over my book when I read this. Up-vote for almost making me drop my smart-phone remembering this!

“Your insult has offended me. If we were at the Peaks, we would have to duel in traditional alil'tiki'i fashion."

"Which is what?" Teft asked. "With spears?"

Rock laughed. "No, no. We upon the Peaks are not barbarians like you down here."

"How then?" Kaladin asked, genuinely curious.

"Well," Rock said, "is involving much mudbeer and singing."

“How's that a duel?”

"He who can still sing after the most drinks is winner. Plus, soon' everyone is so drunk that they forget what argument was about."

Teft laughed. "Beats knives at dawn, I suppose.” 

MOAHR, plz, MOAHR WAYNE!

“Wayne’s a little attached to that hat,” Waxillium said. “He thinks it’s lucky.”

“It is lucky. I ain’t never died while wearing that hat.”

“That hat looks ridiculous.”

“Fortunately, I can change hats,” Wayne said, “while you, sir, are stuck with that face.”

“Well,” Waxillium said. “Perhaps I should begin by asking after your health.”

“Perhaps you should,” Steris replied.

“Er. Yes. How’s your health?”

“Suitable.”

“So is Waxillium,” Wayne added.

They all turned to him.

“You know,” he said. “He’s wearing a suit, and all. Suitable. Ahem. Is that mahogany?” 

“Getting hit’s not really that impressive,” Wayne noted. “It don’t take much skill to get shot. It’s avoiding the bullets that’s tough.” 

“It’s what happens when you shoot someone,” Wayne pointed out. “At least, usually someone has the good sense to get dead when you go to all the trouble to shoot them.”

EDIT: accidently double posted. sorry

Edited by jasonpenguin

I beg to differ! Sorry to say this, but the best insult ever is actually from the Belgian cartoon Tintin:

"Auto-didactic an-alphabet" © Captain Haddock

Difficult to actually understand what it means, but when you get it, it is hilarious!

Black is so monotonous you can forget all about it, but red... you'd always be thinking, "at least that evil force of doom that's trying to destroy me has style. -- Breeze (its probably misquoted)

Anything said by Wayne and lightsong

Wasing the Where of Needing-- The aluminum pistol

I am a fish-- alcatraz