Alley lit through Venetian blinds

ThirdGen

There are a lot of alleys here in this city that never sleeps.  I do sleep some of the time, little stopovers to the land of Nod to avoid the big sleep.

It's a noirish alley, the kind of place where you're looking for a bird made of atium, and when you scrape off the surface it's plain aluminum.

I knew this forum was trouble the moment it walked in the door, legs up to here and high-contrast striped lighting.  There's a set of blinds in front of every light source around here.  It's the kind of place where the cops only show up after you dramatically strike a match, and the crooks only show up when you strike gold.

And here you are.  You wandered into the office of some two-bit chull of a private eye.  What's your angle?  You want to find out somebody's secrets, or are you just covering up your own?

Edited by ThirdGen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aue3NrdtzN0

I entered the alley lit through venetian blindfolds. A melancholic Jazz track was playing from no direction in particular. The world had lost all color and I suddenly had a voice like I smoke 3 packs a day and had whiskey running from the tap. As I walked through the alley I realized I was wearing a trilby and a long coat. There must have been a murder here, or some poor dame had lost her husband. Soon some lady would blow into my life like a cold autumn wind, all dressed in red, despite that the rest of the world was in black and white. She would bring me troubles for days until I had solved her crime. That was life in the alley lit through venetian blindfolds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aue3NrdtzN0

I entered the alley lit through venetian blindfolds. A melancholic Jazz track was playing from no direction in particular. The world had lost all color and I suddenly had a voice like I smoke 3 packs a day and had whiskey running from the tap. As I walked through the alley I realized I was wearing a trilby and a long coat. There must have been a murder here, or some poor dame had lost her husband. Soon some lady would blow into my life like a cold autumn wind, all dressed in red, despite that the rest of the world was in black and white. She would bring me troubles for days until I had solved her crime. That was life in the alley lit through venetian blindfolds.

That music makes for some very nice atmosphere.

I can't help but wonder what a Venetian blindfold is, though.  A mask that has little slats over the eyeholes that can be opened or closed?

That music makes for some very nice atmosphere.

I can't help but wonder what a Venetian blindfold is, though.  A mask that has little slats over the eyeholes that can be opened or closed?

I know, that entire album is pretty great.

I have actually no idea when you mention it XD A google search later they are kind of lacey masks.

Edited by Morzathoth

• 3 weeks later...

I took Mistrunner by the arm and led her further into the Alley lit by Venetian Blinds.

"Why, it's obvious. For business that couldn't be conducted elsewhere. The Dark Alley is too... specific. Sometimes you need a little bit vaguer. Besides, we're not all here for science, are we?" 

I took Mistrunner by the arm and led her further into the Alley lit by Venetian Blinds.

"Why, it's obvious. For business that couldn't be conducted elsewhere. The Dark Alley is too... specific. Sometimes you need a little bit vaguer. Besides, we're not all here for science, are we?" 

"WHAT IS HAPPENING?" Mistrunner yells as she is pulled into the Alley lit through Venetian blinds.

Maggie strolls past, then looks up from her book to watch the madness.

"Hey, I'd love to join you guys, but I have some bookies up in Awkward Keep, that need my attention. Maybe some other time?" She smiles and then glances back. "Oh hey Mist, fancy seeing you here."

Is she being taken in there by force or by choice? She wonders. It was always hard to tell with people. Maybe if she spent more time with them, it would be easier. She shrugs and walks away.

Amrynn strolled into the alley, which he noted was very nicely lit, holding a filter to his face. "That was slightly less effective than the classic D&D 'rocks fall and everyone dies,' but got a similar loophole response. It made my day."