What Brandon Sanderson has taught us.

Sanderson has a lot of little gems in his books. My favs are:

"As I fear not a child with a weapon he cannot lift, I will never fear the mind of a man who does not think." - Brandon Sanderson, WoR

"Expectation. That is the true soul of art. If you can give a man more than he expects, then he will laud you his entire life. If you can create an air of anticipation and feed it properly, you will succeed." - Brandon Sanderson, WoR

There are many more that I love, but these are my top two.

Definitely. There are so many little gems in his books. Just look at Raoden in Elantris! There's a plethora of inspiration right there. The first ideal is probably the most known, but "There's always another secret," has to be my favorite.

Yeah, the thing a lot of people who are relatively new to Brandon don't get is that all his blurbs about him understanding leadership and having insight into emotions? Those are talking about Elantris, not Mistborn, lol.

For me, it was the idea that its not the destination that separates one from his peers. but the path to it. We all die, so to rise above others is to take the better road. To pave the way for others greatness. This idea is woven throughout both in-world and out-world WoK, alongside Words of Radiance. What I wouldn't give to meet Nohadon...

• Chaos locked this topic